Pat Healy on Joe Rogans commentating: "Ur man crush on Cain is making this fight..."

before JDS gassed like 2 minutes into the fight it looked like Cain didn't have a thing going for him and Rogan was still acting like Cain was dominating... had JDS landed a good shot and KO'd him Rogan would have looked like a massive tool

I'm a big Rogan fan and I understand that it is difficult to commentate while hiding your bias but he was pretty bad last night. Regardless War ROGAN!

and what would Healy have done? commented on how well JDS face is absorbing punches?

Joe kept going on about JDS being exhausted (which was true), but acted like Cain wasn't. They were both worn down.

In the beginning, Joe was just hyping up Cain to sell the fight because everyone thought he was going to get KOed in 2 minutes. Thats just a part of the job.

After the fight started, Cain pretty much dominated from start to finish. Rogan was calling it how pretty much all sports broadcasts get called which is when an athlete is putting on a good performance (especially a surprise performance) you talk them up.

Besides, he said good things about JDS too. I remember specifically that he mentioned JDS's heart and said he had the heart of a champion. What more could you ask for? You want him to spend 50% of his time talking about how great JDS is when JDS is LOSING in a ONE SIDED fight?

This site's man crush on JDS (or really any Brazilian that has ever worn UFC gold) is whats sickening. If the reverse happened. JDS got the W and Joe was talking up JDS (as he tends to do to fighters that are winning a fight) then this would be a nonissue. But no, you're butthurt and you want to nitpick every little thing that happened last night because it didn't go your way.

before JDS gassed like 2 minutes into the fight it looked like Cain didn't have a thing going for him and Rogan was still acting like Cain was dominating... had JDS landed a good shot and KO'd him Rogan would have looked like a massive tool

No he wasn't. He commented on Cain keeping the pressure on JDS, but that he was also leaving himself open for shots that could be costly against a guy like JDS. Is it just me, or are people only hearing what they wanted to hear?

Joe kept going on about JDS being exhausted (which was true), but acted like Cain wasn't. They were both worn down.

So what? Cain was the least exhausted fighter. He won every round. His exhaustion wasn't causing him to lose at any point in the fight. If Cain had pulled a Hendo and completely fell over in rounds 4 and 5 then his fatigue level would have been noteworthy. What did you want Joe to say? "Cain is tired too but he's still beating JDS's ass". Would that have made everything right in your book?

Lmao what Joe supposed to say?? JDS is really falling so nice only he could fall like that.

Faber barao was a better example of Rogan bias. This fight...eh hard to fault Rogan

He is a human guys. I don't expect him to be impartial.

If you want biased joe rogan, try watching Vitor Belfort vs Chuck Liddell

Cain gassed after the second round and even late in the fight Rogan was marveling at Cain's legendary cardio - rank bullshit. How many times did Cain dive at JDS's leg and get nothing? Or take JDS down, only for Junior to get right back up?

The fight was over after the second round - the final three rounds were a hot mess of two extremeluy gassed fighters looking like they were fighting under water.

He was heavily talking up Cain before Cain was even winning. Cain actually looked really bad in the first few minutes. Sloppy striking and literally falling all over the place missing takedowns. He got JDS to the ground for a second and JDS reversed him instantly and popped back up. It honestly wasn't looking good for Cain and looked it was headed for a replay of the first fight but Rogan was acting like Cain was doing great.

Cain didn't look bad in the first few minutes. What fight were you watching? Cain did EXACTLY what he was supposed to do in the first few minutes which was put pressure on JDS and not get knocked out.

And no, it didn't look like he was headed for a replay of the first fight. He was WAY more aggressive this go around. In the first fight, he sat back and tried to strike with JDS and only made half-hearted TD attempts. This time he took it to JDS from the opening bell. He got a takedown very early too but JDS popped back up.

What exactly was JDS doing early in the fight other than defending takedowns? He landed basically nothing.

Cain gassed after the second round and even late in the fight Rogan was marveling at Cain's legendary cardio - rank bullshit. How many times did Cain dive at JDS's leg and get nothing? Or take JDS down, only for Junior to get right back up?

The fight was over after the second round - the final three rounds were a hot mess of two extremeluy gassed fighters looking like they were fighting under water.

Cain was tired, not gassed. Big difference. For a HW that is.

I liked Rogan's line about how this fight clearly showed Cain was injured in their previous fight completely taking any credit away from JDS even though much in the same fashion as it was one punch that ended the first fight pretty much ended this fight.

this one's funny:

Pat Barry
@HypeOrDie

I GUARANTEE WHOEVER LOOOOOSES, SILLY PEOPLE ARE GONNA DEMAND THEY GO DOWN TO 205!!!

well, he wasn't lying. i saw those threads last night.

Did Pat Barry really say that? If he did i now like him even more
Anyone that says JDS should now go to 205 might as well stop watching mma

I liked Rogan's line about how this fight clearly showed Cain was injured in their previous fight completely taking any credit away from JDS even though much in the same fashion as it was one punch that ended the first fight pretty much ended this fight.

I thought that too.

Cain was winning the exchanges from the onset of the fight, it didn't just happen once Cain rocked JDS.

I have no idea where you people are coming up with this stuff as if JDS was winning the first couple of minutes of the fight, he was getting hit and defending takedowns, that's basically what the first couple of mins of the fight looked like.

juniorcigano
@junior_cigano: Thank you all for your support but this time I lost but i promise that i tried my best

:icon_cry2 My respect for JDS just keeps going up.

Did Pat Barry really say that? If he did i now like him even more
Anyone that says JDS should now go to 205 might as well stop watching mma

yes, i got it from that link in this thread.

I'm not kidding man, the stupidity in the ufc discussion forum last night was some of the worst I've seen on this site.

Back