Pat Healy on Joe Rogans commentating: "Ur man crush on Cain is making this fight..."

yes, i got it from that link in this thread.

I'm not kidding man, the stupidity in the ufc discussion forum last night was some of the worst I've seen on this site.

I completely agree, im a fan of both fighters and in my mind they are both capable of beating each other as well as any other heavyweight in the world, why anyone would think the loser would be better off dropping is beyond me

I liked Rogan's line about how this fight clearly showed Cain was injured in their previous fight completely taking any credit away from JDS even though much in the same fashion as it was one punch that ended the first fight pretty much ended this fight.

It gives warrant to the theory.

Cain came in heavy and didn't fight at his usual pace, barely went for takedowns, etc. Maybe it was bad game planning, maybe it was ring rust, etc.

But Cain completely disproved the theory that "JDS has his number".

How was he acting like he was doing great? Not to mention that lasted a few seconds before he got him down...

i watched the 1st round, just got done and what JonesBones is saying is very true.

joe really loves em wrasslers.

I guess he didn't hear the part where Joe rogan kept saying JDS had the heart of a champion...

Joe was definitely leaning towards Cain last night. Everything he did, Joe made it seem like a kill shot, and made JDS seem like a sack of meat with nothing to offer.

On another note, I wish Dana and co. would introduce a new option to turn commentary off, but still have the fight and crowd noises.

eh, jds landed one decent straight and joe praised that for awhile.

I like Rogan but the way he pretended Cain was patient and calculating after he slowed down and not totally gassed and sloppy was strange to me.

While the fight was one sided I kind of agree Rogan went overboard. He was even talking like JDS had zero chance after round 2.

Even if JDS looked like shit early, he still could have came back. At least lie to us damnit! Lame when a commentator acts like the fight is over with 3 more rounds.

You guys should have heard the spanish broadcasters. they were yelling for Cain lol.

It really was hard to bear. Sure Cain was kicking JDS around, but Rogan was literally acting like the fight was over after round 1, went on to point out time and time again how Cain is a beast, and how he surely must have been hurt in their first fight.

I was rooting for Cain, but Rogan's excessive nuthugging was hard to miss.

He was heavily talking up Cain before Cain was even winning. Cain actually looked really bad in the first few minutes. Sloppy striking and literally falling all over the place missing takedowns. He got JDS to the ground for a second and JDS reversed him instantly and popped back up. It honestly wasn't looking good for Cain and looked it was headed for a replay of the first fight but Rogan was acting like Cain was doing great.

Cain was doing great early on, he kept the pressure on JDS despite failed td attempts but that made JDS totally unnable to mount any offense while gassing himself trying to keep the pace with Cain.

Some shertards seem to think that failing a few takedowns attempts equals losing the fight. When you throw a strike and it doesn't land does that mean you're losing points?

It was a one-sided fight, no doubt. Junior did nothing. It was not so much that he didn't talk about Junior, it was that he exaggerated Cain's aptitude and fighting.
Cain was noticeably tired mid way through the second, but Joe kept talking how tired Junior was. Cain was busier and Joe overexaggerated his cardio.

The cain huggers can lay off

in the first half of the first round rogan was calling everything cain landed and nothing jds did and jds was outlanding

well JDS did NOTHING so I wonder how his commentating could have been any different?

not talking about cains endless gas tank when cain was almost as gassed as JDS by the end of the first round

for starters

You guys should have heard the spanish broadcasters. they were yelling for Cain lol.

brazilian broadcasters are like that too... in the first cigano velasquez fight they brought the most famous soccer commentator, galvao bueno. hilarious

Back