Palhares one fight away from being cut?

to me it's not Bustamante's fault. It's a matter of him having a sort of "bully" mentality, imo. WHen he fights someone he can steamroll such as Massenzio, or Drwal...someone who is intimidated by the gorund, he does great and looks like a beast. When he fights someone like Belcher or Lombard, or Marquardt who dictates what goes on in the fight, he folds like a lawnchair. Things have to be going his way or he can't handle not being able to execute his gameplan...

.I'm no fighter, but that's what it looks like from an outsider's perspective.

people say he has no chin because he got ko'd by lombard and marquadt, when both guys pack a lot of power and would have hurt anyone with those shots. people say he has no heart or no cardio because belcher beat him up, but that makes zero sense too because he's fought fights before where things didn't go his way only and he kept on going (vs henderson and horn). at adcc, galvao defended all his leglocks and toquinho still kept going.

i'm so annoyed by this "i want to hear no excuse" mentality of sherdog. they're fighters. they have off nights, injuries, bad matchups. lombard is a really crappy matchup for him: short, stocky, explosive power puncher with world-class judo and a bjj blackbelt. rousimar had no chance standing with him and would have a hard time taking him down.

he's a fighter and a damn good one at that. he's probably also the guy that presents the worst stylistic matchup for anderson, even if he'll never have the chance to face him. but people just love to shit on him, i guess.

Lombard was a nightmare style matchup

I really hope they don't cut him because he's great to watch

He's not far from being cut. People have figured him out. You can't be so one dimensional this day in age.

I feel bad for Palhares, you hear his back story and you want him to succeed so much but he just has some glaring holes in his game that stop him going even further than he has. I don't think he'll get cut with one more loss, I assume they'll give him a squash match next though.

Isn't that the back story for most Brazilian fighters?

Should stop training striking and just work on his takedowns all day. Take everyone to the ground, never let them get back up again.

What hurt Palhares last night was his "timidness". He is known as being intimidating as part of his mystique. Last night, he looked to be the intimidated. His marketability dropped, so it wouldn't be surprising to see him cut if he loses his next fight.

no way. He lost to two guys who were a bad fight for him style wise. He still demolishes most of the division and very well may still work his way up to a title shot one day.

He's 0-2 in his last 2 fights now, wins only via heel hooks and when being pressured he folds. Now it seems like he's susceptible to getting KO'd. If he doesn't win his next fight I doubt he'll be kept in the UFC.

i'm pretty sure everybody is susceptible to getting ko'd when theyre punched in the face

Back