Palhares one fight away from being cut?

depends if UFC would renew his contract. Usually fighters getting cut is because their contract is done and UFC does not renew it.

I feel bad for Palhares, you hear his back story and you want him to succeed so much but he just has some glaring holes in his game that stop him going even further than he has. I don't think he'll get cut with one more loss, I assume they'll give him a squash match next though.

You see the way he he continues to hold submissions after his opponents have tapped and you want him to fail.

You see the way he he continues to hold submissions after his opponents have tapped and you want him to fail.

340xj.gif

I feel bad for Palhares, you hear his back story and you want him to succeed so much but he just has some glaring holes in his game that stop him going even further than he has. I don't think he'll get cut with one more loss, I assume they'll give him a squash match next though.

He succeeded just fine. He's like 7-4 in the UFC, and is a Silver Medalist in Abu Dhabi.
Being champ isn't everything. In both MMA and grappling, Palhares is in the top 1%.
He'll do just fine teaching BJJ and MMA after he retires. I bet that elite fighters will call him and ask for help in preparing for fights too.

He'll get an easy leg snap in his next fight. No worries.

This whole 3 and out thing is stupid and I don't think its even real. Some people get cut and some don't. Some get cut after 2 losses or even just 1. There are other factors and Palharas should be kept around.

He's too marketable to be cut even with one more loss unless he also misses weight or pisses hot imo. He will get a step down in competition next.

His biggest problem is composure, imo he's decently well-rounded.

he will never be cut as long as the UFC gives him the win-loss-win-loss treatment with a top10 guy , then a nonranked kid , over and over and over. He has a perfect chance because many non-top ranked guys cant stop his ankle snapping techniques

to me it's not Bustamante's fault. It's a matter of him having a sort of "bully" mentality, imo. WHen he fights someone he can steamroll such as Massenzio, or Drwal...someone who is intimidated by the gorund, he does great and looks like a beast. When he fights someone like Belcher or Lombard, or Marquardt who dictates what goes on in the fight, he folds like a lawnchair. Things have to be going his way or he can't handle not being able to execute his gameplan...

.I'm no fighter, but that's what it looks like from an outsider's perspective.

It's more a mental issue for Palhares than a lack of techniques,he just got take care of this facet of his game,a very important one if he's ever wanna progress.He lost the marquart fight because of a very obvious lapse of judgement and it almost cost him the miller fight.He seems like a good guy who had a hard life,hopefully he get aspect of his career handled.

All this

He's 0-2 in his last 2 fights now, wins only via heel hooks and when being pressured he folds. Now it seems like he's susceptible to getting KO'd. If he doesn't win his next fight I doubt he'll be kept in the UFC.

that would be idiotic

they haven't cut hardy or maldonado

but sometimes they do idiotic things

I hope not... name one boring Palhares fight.

but at the same time ha has fought many prelims fights , and his fights should be main event , the most dynamic BJJ fighter in the UFC,

Im' a huge paul harrys fan

Getting KOd by Lombard is not exactly a proof of having a weak chin...
Anyway, he will take the leg of any average fighter.

Yeah belcher and Lombard are pushovers lol..

If he gets a step down and loses non-competitively again he should get cut. Don't wanna see fight where the outcome is obvious.

He's 0-2 in his last 2 fights now, wins only via heel hooks and when being pressured he folds. Now it seems like he's susceptible to getting KO'd. If he doesn't win his next fight I doubt he'll be kept in the UFC.

No, no, no.

Have you seen the guy, he's built like a beast. Anyone who doesn't have their sh!t together Palhares wrecks. He's just been exposed as not having a championship heart/chin/brain whatever. He's going to be a gatekeeper. You want to move up in the ranks you have to beat Palhares.

He's Brazilian so some home cooking and home town fans might help. He will go back down the card and rip the ankles off some wrestler or kickboxer who thinks he has decent jujitsu. The people that have beat him are good middleweights with black belts in jujitsu. Maybe someday everyone in the UFC will have a black belt in jujitsu and know how to defend leglocks like a boss and everyone will have one punch knockout power and then Palhares may need a new job. Until then his management or the UFC has to give him more winnable fights.

Rogan likes him, that has to count for something. People won't be lining up to fight Palhares as they still fear his leglock submission game.

Back