Palhares never cranked imo. It was the ref pushing him backward.

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by shonuf, Oct 10, 2013.

1. shonuf

shonuf Titanium Belt Platinum Member

Hopefully we can keep this civil. Just looking for opinions. Leaving his rep aside and just looking at the gifs I really feel like he didn't crank.

If you'll notice the ref puts his hand under Pierce's leg and pushed up, while at the same time he puts his on Palhares' elbow and pushes forward. It's the perfect storm of controversy.

It's the ref moving Palhares, not a crank. Does anyone see this first gif and feel differently? The ref moves Palhares to make it look like a crank.

[​IMG]

unfortunately I see gifs trying to make it seems worse than it was. like this..

You can see in this one he lets go almost immediately after the ref comes into view.

[​IMG]

you can really see how hard the ref pushes forward in this one.

[​IMG]

2. Cleveland

Cleveland Sherdog Belt

I appreciate those views, hadn't seen them before.

For me, second crank or not is essentially irrelevant. Pierce tapped multiple times and even once the ref was running toward and then on top Palhares took another second or so to release.

For the record I completely agree with Shonuf, now with these views, I completely agree there isn't a second crank.

The parallel here is terrifying:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 10, 2013
  3. Flexwave2003

Flexwave2003 International Playboy

Nice thread sho.

4. MDEmike

MDEmike Blue Belt

I agree with this. He still held it for too long. Again.

But, these gifs definitely argue against the alleged "crank"

Nice thread.

5. NunoBernie

NunoBernie Green Belt

Please notice the number of times Pierce taps. He does it the first time, vehemently, as soon as he hits the ground.
    Sorry, but Palhares was way out of line.
    The job was done, no need to inflict extra harm on a fellow fighter.

6. shonuf

shonuf Titanium Belt Platinum Member

I understand that is what bugs a lot of people but the rules are it's not over at a tap. Also if you'll notice Pierce mostly taps the referee. Not Palhares. So he wouldn't feel the taps. Like I said I don't want this to be a name calling thread or a fan thread.

Just more of a view on what happened thread. As far as the rules go, I feel like the being banned was probably based on what they felt was a crank. And imo it never happened.

7. 315MMAFighter

315MMAFighter MąïȚře Đë Đəğåť§ - Pure Dominican Platinum Member

Yea, i see your points, but still sho, Peirce yelped in pain, also tapped b4 the yelp, seriously, thats two things that mean ,,STOP, he stopped, just way to late, in realtime it looks painful, tbh

8. Shaved Rabbit

Shaved Rabbit Shitposting enthusiast extraordinaire

It wasn't even that bad as people are making it out to be.

9. NunoBernie

NunoBernie Green Belt

The problem here is it's not the first time Palhares does this. It was not an isolated incident.

10. aristocrat

aristocrat Blue Belt

seriously...WHAT THE FUCK?!?! Either your irony is above my comprehension or your a blind fool...He clearly keeps increasing the angle of rotation and pushes up the torque even though he is being taped franticly, yelled at and the referee is pushing him away for about more then a second, while usually all fighters release in less then half a second, and pretty much hold a little off their attack near the point pf breaking the limb, while he goes above and beyond tearing and breaking. No respect to him at all!!!

11. Juno Leed**

Juno Leed** Yellow Belt

It really wasn't all that bad, but it is a repeat offense, and Dana is looking for any reason to cut some fighters.

12. NunoBernie

NunoBernie Green Belt

Probably because it wasn't your leg.

I'm not even anti-Palhares. I just thought it was unwarranted and unnecessary.

13. AssWhoopin

AssWhoopin The Mutt

Lol @ ref pushing him backwards..... why the hell where his hands still clasped????? He should have opened them big ass arms and then he would have just fell back when ref pushed him and not taken a knee with him...

And from a fighter that has been a cheat in the past, yeah that's the guy you give the benefit of doubt too..

14. RyanRAW

RyanRAW ...

The ref pushing him backwards wouldn't have bent Pierce's leg if Palhares didn't keep holding after the ref got involved.

15. Raylan

Raylan Brown Belt

Over half of Pierce's taps are also tapping the ref not Palhares. What a weird situation.

16. Flexwave2003

Flexwave2003 International Playboy

I'd not be surprised to find out the UFC had their shill posters hard at work at the forum demonizing Palhares immediately after the fight in order to soften the backlash once they cleared another fighter off their roster.

17. WhalingDan

WhalingDan Blue Belt

All I see is him not releasing a sub after the ref dives on him..why else would the ref do that!???

18. Nova Union

Nova Union Green Belt

It's a joke.

Rousimar did NOTHING WRONG

It's the referees job to STOP THE FIGHT. He didn't do a good enough job of stopping the fight

19. NunoBernie

NunoBernie Green Belt

The first ones were NOT on the ref. And he verbally submitted too.
    It was more than enough.

20. Eric O

Eric O Amateur Fighter

I watched it a few times on DVR. You don't need to look like your cranking to apply more pressure to a heel hook. If you train at all than you definitely cringed watching that happened.

Palhares doesn't let things go in a timely manner. He has a history of it. How many knees is he going to ruin after his opponents tap. The Brazilian Athletic Comission was even on his ass about it.

I hear he's really dumb and cannot read or write but when it comes to safety than maybe he shouldn't be fighting. In like half his UFC fights something bizare has happened.