Palhares never cranked imo. It was the ref pushing him backward.

They were doing so immediately after the fight ended. Dana saw a perfect excuse to cut somebody who would very likely beat upcoming brawlers and just bleed type fighters, which the UFC wants more of

Come on, give it a rest. This isn't about style. A submission artist that can end a fight that fast is exciting. There was and is legitimate outrage over his conduct.

Pierce was tapping and he wouldn't let go. The ref jumped in and he STILL wouldn't let go. He actually had to pry Palhares out of the submission. Fuck him. As a repeat offender, he deserves what he got.

You keep fighting until the referee stops the fight

Anyone who's done jiu jitsu for a while knows that Palhares held that shit as long as he thought he could and still get away with it. He always does that shit, probably because he wants people to be afraid of him or maybe he enjoys hurting people. Either way it's terrible sportsmanship and people shouldn't defend his shitty actions.

Come on, give it a rest. This isn't about style. A submission artist that can end a fight that fast is exciting. There was and is legitimate outrage over his conduct.

Rousimar is overpaid, he'll never win a title, he'll never be higher then top 5-8 in his division. The only thing he would achieve for the rest of his UFC career would be submitting guys like Matt Brown, WHO BRAWL AND GET THE VIEWERS ON FOX BABY

YEAH

Really difficult to judge this one, but banning him is just extreme...
I guess Palhares' past played a big part on his ban.

I agree it would be extreme for a first timer.
Not being his first offence, it's more understandable.

What people need to understand is that something like that can put a fighter on the shelves for MONTHS (and,potentially, years). He got 90 days for what he did to Drwal.

You simply cannot keep hurting fighters just for the sake of it.

I'd not be surprised to find out the UFC had their shill posters hard at work at the forum demonizing Palhares immediately after the fight in order to soften the backlash once they cleared another fighter off their roster.

That's kind of silly. If the UFC just wanted to trim the roster they would have cut the guy who's one of the most boring fighters on the roster who just got finished in 30 seconds.

I understand that is what bugs a lot of people but the rules are it's not over at a tap. Also if you'll notice Pierce mostly taps the referee. Not Palhares. So he wouldn't feel the taps. Like I said I don't want this to be a name calling thread or a fan thread.

Just more of a view on what happened thread. As far as the rules go, I feel like the being banned was probably based on what they felt was a crank. And imo it never happened.

Pierce started tapping when the ref was 10 feet away.

That's kind of silly. If the UFC just wanted to trim the roster they would have cut the guy who's one of the most boring fighters on the roster who just got finished in 30 seconds.

Put a lot of thought into this, have you?

I see it and I think I might agree but he's is still holding on and flexing for a good 2 or 3 seconds while the refs pushing him

IDK, I wanna hear what Paul Harris has to say about the situation

I agree it would be extreme for a first timer.
Not being his first offence, it's more understandable.

What people need to understand is that something like that can put a fighter on the shelves for MONTHS (and,potentially, years). He got 90 days for what he did to Drwal.

You simply cannot keep hurting fighters just for the sake of it.

I do agree to a point about his history. Even at his best he'd be considered a brute and rough guy. I definitely understand others points of view on the matter.

The only thing I was hoping is that since he's moved camps (this was his first fight with Team Nogueira) that maybe he'd be given a stiff fine and the UFC could talk to his new team about getting him to release the hold immediately. Boustamante is a tough guy and he would also make a lot of excuses for him in the past and sort of baby Palhares. I was hoping they would let team Nog try to give him a swift kick in the ass before the was cut. I still feel this wasn't anything as severe as it's being made out to be but I get why his history is being taken into consideration.

Might be. It's still very clear he intentionally did not let go after the tap, and even after the ref went in there.

Rousimar is overpaid, he'll never win a title, he'll never be higher then top 5-8 in his division. The only thing he would achieve for the rest of his UFC career would be submitting guys like Matt Brown, WHO BRAWL AND GET THE VIEWERS ON FOX BABY

YEAH

Wow, maybe the UFC should hire you so you can bring your magical psychic powers and read every fighter's destiny :rolleyes:

Palhares is just as exciting as any KO artist, and that troll job of saying he would submit Matt Brown is horrible.

He's gotta get him to the ground before he can do that.

1. The is no rule that says the fight stops when the fighter taps, you stop when the ref says stop! And the ref instead of jumping on toquinhos head, tried to open the lock, what kind of moron you have to be? Never thought I was going to say this but Cecil people has a couple of things to teach this moron... This is the ref's fault as much as toquinhos...

Not sure how anyone can be on Palhares side on this one. You want to say he shouldnt be cut for it even though this is like the 3rd time thats another discussion.

As for this he clearly held it long and cranked after 7 taps the ref jumped in.

Back