Owen Roddy unsure if Conor retires after UFC 229

Sounds about right. No way he is doing run of he mill scraps ever again.

His fans don’t want him to fight. Well at least that’s how it seems since they don’t call him out for not fighting.

On the flip side of that Khabib has probably been learning to improve his striking or evading strikes vs Conor too.
Khabib is a hopeless striker, walks like a duck with his head up, amateur boxing skills and zero kicking ability. Good takedown and ground and pounding and that's it, very little ability outside of that.

Robin Black makes an unfounded prediction that Conor will retire if he loses. The media jumps on it and now Roddy has to answer questions about it. Listen to the podcast. 55 minutes into the interview. Carroll "Do you think retirement could be on the horizon in the next few fights?" Roddy "I don't know. I don't think so..." A bit of sensationalistic journalism to title the article "Owen Roddy unsure if Conor McGregor retires after UFC 229.."

If that's true then why would he be fighting now? So he's 7 or 8 figures richer than he was before the Floyd fight (when according to you he was never going to fight again)....but now he's fighting again? Why would he do that now after being so much richer than when he was supposedly gonna retire in the first place?

You people make no sense. I usually avoid engaging with Sherdoggers on all things Conor McGregor, because people or so fucking irrational when it comes to him (both haters and nut-huggers, but the former outnumber the latter by a ratio of about 20:1). But I've had a few lunch time beers and teetering at the top of a slippery dat-time drunk slope, so fuck it.

Fair points. By "retired" I actually mean "has annoyed me by not fighting for so long that I consider him retired".

You guys take this stuff too seriously.... I'm merely throwing shade on the name of a man who I don't actually know. Can I live?

Khabib is a hopeless striker, walks like a duck with his head up, amateur boxing skills and zero kicking ability. Good takedown and ground and pounding and that's it, very little ability outside of that.
I agree but I'll say that with his threat of the TD, he's outstruck men he shouldn't. Now he is NOT going to try that with Conor, of course.

Love him or hate him, and say he was carried or not, Conor did go 30 minutes with Floyd...

Fair points. By "retired" I actually mean "has annoyed me by not fighting for so long that I consider him retired".

You guys take this stuff too seriously.... I'm merely throwing shade on the name of a man who I don't actually know. Can I live?

Hahaha I'll allow it. I'm also having plumbing problems and am trying to solve them while hitting the Moosheads (oldest independent Canadian brewery). So I'm extra irritable.

Everybody needs to understand one very important thing & add this to their conversations regarding his retirement.

CONOR HAS 3 FIGHTS LEFT ON HIS CONTRACT.

Of course he can retire & have his UFC contract looming over his head, but I'm next to 100% that he does not want that. He doesn't want that monkey on his back. He's all ready made his baby'z momma the head of his own promotion... but he's being held back by his UFC Contract.

Long story short... 3 more Mac fights in the UFC minimum.

Already looking for a way out after Khabib Ronda's him

Ronda-Rousey.jpg
This is pretty stupid. When he lost to Nate he still attended the post fight conference and rematches the guy.

Hahaha I'll allow it. I'm also having plumbing problems and am trying to solve them while hitting the Moosheads (oldest independent Canadian brewery). So I'm extra irritable.
Montreal born and raised, transplanted to Toronto.... Mr. Acolyte, there is no need to explain to me what a Moosehead is. I like that and I like Mooseknuckle, aka Cameltoe. But I digress....

Montreal born and raised, transplanted to Toronto.... Mr. Acolyte, there is no need to explain to me what a Moosehead is. I like that and I like Mooseknuckle, aka Cameltoe. But I digress....

Nice! Cheers! Mon francais n'est pas bon. I visited Montreal for the first time last summer (Toronto for the first time in July) and loved how ubiquitous Moosehead was. Out west it's a rarity.

Already looking for a way out after Khabib Ronda's him

Ronda-Rousey.jpg
Ironically mentioning Ronda, an 'unbeatable' grappler who got thrashed by a technically way superior striker Holly Holm. So if that's anything to go by Khabib will be the one doing the Michael Jackson impression at the airport.

Last edited:
Nates all he has left to earn money with

Or a Pauli boxing match

Nates all he has left to earn money with

Or a Pauli boxing match
He’s never giving Paulie a payday.

Based on Mayweather Seniors recent comments another fight (possibly withmodified rules) seems on horizon. Both men are greedy enough and ppl will pay. Maybe not as much $ as the first fight but still many times what Conor could make in the UFC.

I think Conor bangs out the 3 fights remaining on his contract (Khabib, Nate 3 and one other fight) within next 12 months and then pursues Floyd rematch without UFC contract restrictions.

If Conor gets besmirched by Khabib, he's going to fight Nate Diaz. If he beats Diaz, he's going to fight Khabib again, and if he loses to Khabib, he'll retire. If he loses the Diaz 3 fight he'll retire.
I believe this is the second time youve used "besmirched". Youre not using it correctly. Just an FYI, you may want to find another word

He’s never giving Paulie a payday.

Based on Mayweather Seniors recent comments another fight (possibly withmodified rules) seems on horizon. Both men are greedy enough and ppl will pay. Maybe not as much $ as the first fight but still many times what Conor could make in the UFC.

I think Conor bangs out the 3 fights remaining on his contract (Khabib, Nate 3 and one other fight) within next 12 months and then pursues Floyd rematch without UFC contract restrictions.

But if Conor gets a Barboza like beatin his stock drops after being silent so long. He’ll lose a lot of interest and wont be “granting” any one huge paydays.

But if Conor gets a Barboza like beatin his stock drops after being silent so long. He’ll lose a lot of interest and wont be “granting” any one huge paydays.
I’d say as long as he wins 2 of the next 3 he will be ok. If he loses to Khabib he will probably take Nate at 155 and someone like Poirer or Gaethje for the other fight. Or even Holloway or Aldo rematch if they want to move up. If he beats Khabib then he has to fight Tony and maybe Nate again for last fight. All tough fights. 2 of the next 3 won’t be easy.

I’d say as long as he wins 2 of the next 3 he will be ok. If he loses to Khabib he will probably take Nate at 155 and someone like Poirer or Gaethje for the other fight. Or even Holloway or Aldo rematch if they want to move up. If he beats Khabib then he has to fight Tony and maybe Nate again for last fight. All tough fights. 2 of the next 3 won’t be easy.

Conor fighting 3 more cage fights?

<{MingNope}>

Conor fighting 3 more cage fights?

<{MingNope}>
You honestly think that’s hard to believe? Like poster above pointed out he has 3 fights remaining on his contract. And that contract is going to loom over him and restrict his opportunities going forward until he satisfies his obligations. With PPV points Conor made well over $20M in each of his last few UFC fights. And honestly win or lose against Khabib he will continue to generate PPV buys to bring in similar $. So a conservative $60 million for next 3 cage fights. And then go do another big boxing fight or even some WWE bullshit and then do some movies. Focus on his clothing line and whiskey.

Back