Owen Roddy unsure if Conor retires after UFC 229

Verace

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/9/...c-229-it-depends-on-what-fights-are-available

“I don’t know…I don’t think [he will retire],” Roddy told Peter Carroll on the latest episode of Eurobash. “I don’t look into the future to see what’s happening. Conor’s mentality hasn’t changed at all, so I don’t know.”

“I always say, it depends on what fights are available, I think, for Conor. As I said, if there is another big super fight and Conor feels like he would enjoy it, then he’ll do it. If the fans want it and stuff like that, I think Conor will take it,” he said.

“You never know, who knows? We’re just going to focus on the task at hand now. This is potentially the biggest fight ever. We’ll go in and do that and then he’ll probably be on to the next biggest fight ever.”

<34>

Sounds like they targeting May-Mac 2, GSP or bust. What other super fights are there for conor?
I think if conor retires anytime soon it would be one of those mayweather like retirements. Where anytime a "money fight" presents itself, he would just "unretire".

In other words if he loses he retires from mma

Already looking for a way out after Khabib Ronda's him

Ronda-Rousey.jpg

The real Conor retired when he signed the Floyd contract.

After Khabib ragdolls him around the only fight Conor can get is Paulie Malignaggi

I actually don’t blame conor for not doing media here

He has to make it happen. Could he lose and still be a big star? Yeah probably

But losing here puts a serious mark on his status as a top respected fighter especially if he gets dominated

So good luck to him

More likely to retire after a win than defend that thing.

Conor isn't retiring for at least a few more years. Mystic Lockard predicts he will retire in 2021 when he is 32.

The real Conor retired when he signed the Floyd contract.
No, he retired after he decided to hold 2 belts hostage. At least with fighting Floyd, we got to see him fight. If not for that he'd be retired from MMA already and probably wouldn't be coming back for Khabib either.

I hope Conor is all in, I imagine it's hard to stay motivated when you've got all that money.

No, he retired after he decided to hold 2 belts hostage. At least with fighting Floyd, we got to see him fight. If not for that he'd be retired from MMA already and probably wouldn't be coming back for Khabib either.
doesn't seem like he's retired. has a big fight around the corner...

He's not going anywhere as long as they pay him stupid money. This is just to make people tune in so they can see his "potentially last" fight.

Sounds like he isn't interested in defending the belt. Guess I won't be rooting for him.

1 .McGregor skips media for this fight.
2. Some random website asks his coach if it's possible that his fighter might retire after the fight.
3. The coach answers: "Eh I dunno, probably not."
4. Sherdog thread: "PUSSY CONOR WILL SAYS HE'LL RETIRE AFTER HE GETS HIS ASS BEAT BY KHABIB!!!!11112"

Back