Overhead Squats

I love them. My personal best was bw for 4 reps. Haven't done them in a long while. But once I have reestabilshed some basestrength I gonna work on the bwx15 ultimate goal.

Yeah, I have....it's almost a reverse thruster. Press as you drop into the squat right?

Very challenging exercise, I actually find it hard than OHS.

OMG, no!
Reverse thruster - never crossed my mind realy...
Ordinary thrusters - press as you rise up from squat - (they are kinda variation on OHSquat, right?) was I speaking of, but not Tabata style where you do it with some pink barbie weights 2x4 kilograms haha, you have to use some respectable weight too. If you re working with kettlebells - at least 2x16 kgs.
Hats down for them who do them with 2x24 kg kbs:icon_chee

I want my dck to grow!!! I'm doing thrusters with kettlebells from now on.. Not to heavy tho I wouldn't want a ginormous 10 incher. I'll settle around four inches maintain with the pink Kettlebells.

I think I'll start doing power curls in the squat rack with 8 reps so my nuts will grow.

I want my dck to grow!!! I'm doing thrusters with kettlebells from now on.. Not to heavy tho I wouldn't want a ginormous 10 incher. I'll settle around four inches maintain with the pink Kettlebells.

I think I'll start doing power curls in the squat rack with 8 reps so my nuts will grow.

For a 10-incher you gotta do "pistol (one leg Squats) thrusters":icon_chee with green Hulk bells
Dont worry...

I'm wondering if I can OHS again. The issue is the amount of weight on the knee, which should be the same from BS to FS to OHS. You're moving the same weight if the weight is in fact the same, but OHS is harder for the reason of core stability and etc.

The muscles enacted are a bit different, but hmm....

Seeing as I can rep 95 BS with no issues, but FS with 95 wasn't a great idea, I doubt I could OHS with something much similar. I should try this with a broom stick and see where I am right now.

I was able to do sets of 3-5 reps with 135 on my OHS before I burnt out my knee. I'd Snatch it, then rep it aiming for 5 reps, but if I lost balance or focus or tightness, I'd end up bailing sooner than later.

Thanks to keith for the advice, I really need to get in on the OHS fun. I tried them a couple of weeks ago, must of used way to much weight because I just felt unstable as hell, guna use keith's advice and try to learn the movement... Gives me someting to do 2nite!

cd_cover_real_time.jpg

Do you need to keep a wide grip on these or just something which feels comfortable?

Do you need to keep a wide grip on these or just something which feels comfortable?

I usually go out to a snatch-width grip for OHS. It feels more comfortable that way.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back