Overeem's career resurgance

JohnWick

The Baba Yaga
Banned
Reaction score
Less than 2 years ago Overeem was almost written off by everyone. He had a mere 2 wins from 5 showings in the octagon having lost by KO to Silva and Browne, with his only wins coming over an injury plagued Lesnar and a very deflated Mir. Now on 3 fight win streak (2 via KO/TKO one of which was against the former champion) he is on the cusp of a title shot. I think Overeem should be given a lot more credit, especially since most thought after the UFC'S anti doping polices came in he would have no chance. He has shown great resilience in a career that has exceeded over 15 years. I hope Overeem gets to fight for that title and I for one hope he wins.

Last edited:
Hope he gets the belt also and we get a new episode of the Reem documentary.

I'd still prefer to watch the ubereem juiced to the gills getting ko'd every other fight.

I wouldn't say he was written off.. He was kicking Browne and Bigfoot's asses until the KOs. Not like they were 1 punch KOs either, he took many shots in succession before he went down.

When was the first time?
29119.jpg

Less than 2 years ago Overeem was almost written off by everyone. He had a mere 2 wins from 5 showings in the octagon having lost by KO to Silva and Browne, with his only wins coming over an injury plagued Lesnar and a very deflated Mir. Now on 3 fight win streak (2 via KO/TKO one of which was against the former champion) he is on the cusp of a title shot. I think Overeem should be given a lot more credit, especially since most thought after the UFC'S anti doping polices came in he would have no chance. He has shown great resilience in a career that has exceeded over 15 years. I hope Overeem gets to fight for that title and I for one hope he wins.

horse meat, mental mistakes and weak chin aside, people should be reminded that pure skill-wise, overreem is one of the best out there at heavyweights. great striking, decent take down, devastating group n pound, legit submissions... and it's these technical skills that have allowed him to continue to compete at the top of the division

I hope he gets a TS also, so Werdum can submit him again.
What are you talking about? Reem won that fight. And I hope he does it again.

Edit: I posted too soon. I thought they had only fought once. Interesting.

Pride total elimination absolute back in 06 my friend. Werdum got a Kimura on him. They have a win over each other.

His last fight he won by knock out but I was not that impressed with his strategy but it worked so their you go

reem hasn't done as bad in the ufc as some say.
he has 3 losses, but in 2 of them he really should have won: browne and bigfoot.

the only loss he has where he was completely outclassed was to big ben. he got wrecked there, but still had small moments very early.

My takeaway: USADA's anti-doping policies must be awesome! Overeem is better now than when he was taking horse meat ;)

Edit: I posted too soon. I thought they had only fought once. Interesting.
you had 4 years to watch it

reem hasn't done as bad in the ufc as some say.
he has 3 losses, but in 2 of them he really should have won: browne and bigfoot.

the only loss he has where he was completely outclassed was to big ben. he got wrecked there, but still had small moments very early.
He should he have won two fights in which he got KO'd? Huh?

Back