Overeem's career resurgance

It was boring but he neutralized JDS' offense and got the KO. He was more reckless against Nelson and got caught with a right and dropped with a left. He wasn't going to take that chance with JDS.
Yea his fight with Junior I was over her funneling coffee like we use to do in panama city beach,fl with beer just to stay awake

While it truly looks like hes done alot of work to get his shit together better,and finally living up to his potential somewhat,I wonder how he wouldve done if he didnt go on his long losing streak? Before fighting the top of the food chain in JDS and Cain,cos those guys are pretty reduced at this point. He def needs to get the winner of Miocic/Werdum,and take on someone who still got a pulse.

Has nothing to do with fanboyism. You go back in time to the middle of those fights and it is highly likely that Reem comes out the winner. The Rothwell fight was bad although with Rothwells recent winning streak it looks much better now. Back then it almost seemed embarrassing and everyone was giving up on Overeem because losing to Rothwell like that was just too much.

No, no, no. Fans that have watched overeem's career weren't surprised by the outcome of the browne or bigfoot fight. Especially the bigfoot fight, it went down exactly how I thought it would. Overeem has always been a guy that can be taken out if a fighter pressures him, especially once he's a bit tired.

The JDS fight was surprising, but more on JDS's part. Had he pressured overeem and not let him off the hook after connecting, it would have been an easy night for JDS. But instead JDS is showing the signs of a shot fighter--not being able to pull the trigger and becoming increasingly hesitant to engage.

The bigfoot fight was weird. Overeem was way overconfident,but its like,it seemed he had the measure of bigfoot but didnt pull the trigger on him like he should have,and then got tired. He was winning,but not really doing damage up until that point IIRC

He's being wrangled now by Jackson/Wink and turned into EcnoReem, he couldn't ask for more.

Im shocked he beat Jr.... I think he'd get KO'd by Cain but is a tough fight for Werdum. Not a fan of Reem but id like to see him in a title fight. Wouldn't seem right if never gets it.

Back