Overeem won't be able to deal with Cain's pace

I don't think Overeem has a bad chin (and neither does Cain).

I think the problem is he won't be facing one punch, he'll be facing shitloads of punches. And he will gas. His BJJ won't enter into it, he'll be fighting for air, not submissions.

I think Cain is Overeem's worst possible matchup, because his style is designed to exploit mental and physical fatigue. I think Overeem knows this, and I think he'd probably rather piss hot than be thrown into that meatgrinder.[/QUOTE]

Cain slowed right down last night because JDS made it hard for him with his TDD and getting up. Overeem will be even harder to take down than JDS. Expect to Cain to get gassed too. Cain hasnt got the power to put sitting ducks away.

Cain slowed right down last night because JDS made it hard for him with his TDD and getting up. Overeem will be even harder to take down than JDS.

And you're basing this on... what? JDS has better proven TDD than Overeem (and anyone else I can think of at HW)

Expect to Cain to get gassed too. Cain hasnt got the power to put sitting ducks away.

Sig bet? I don't think Reem would last long enough for Cain to slow down at all.

I don't think Overeem has a bad chin (and neither does Cain).

I think the problem is he won't be facing one punch, he'll be facing shitloads of punches. And he will gas. His BJJ won't enter into it, he'll be fighting for air, not submissions.

I think Cain is Overeem's worst possible matchup, because his style is designed to exploit mental and physical fatigue. I think Overeem knows this, and I think he'd probably rather piss hot than be thrown into that meatgrinder.[/QUOTE]

Cain slowed right down last night because JDS made it hard for him with his TDD and getting up. Overeem will be even harder to take down than JDS. Expect to Cain to get gassed too. Cain hasnt got the power to put sitting ducks away.

Also the fact that Cain was bullying JDS with underhooks and pushing him against the fence to get the takedown for a big part of it.... he definitely won't be able to do that with a fresh Overeem.

his chin has improved or he has learned to handle strikes better mentally.

he took the same punches and clinch knees from werdum that were rocking nelson. hes eaten huge bombs from the likes or tyrone spong, hari, etc.

i certainly dont think hes durable, but something improved undoubtedly.

If anything it has been mentally in the past, and he hasnt been pressured in any MMA fights since he jumped ship from the LHW div back in pride. Aslong as he's holding the hammer he's good to go, but when someone else is swining it he quits.

I also wouldnt rate being dropped in K1 and the likes either, since you get chances to recover, in MMA you eat punches/kicks/knees/elbows until a refs saves you or you tap to strikes.

And he doesnt have the cardio to play Cain's game, he wont have EVER unless he get's rid of some of his mass, so it'll be Overeem with a chance to win for one round, Cain will be in there for five if needed and he'll be able to win in any of them.

If this fight happens and Cain somehow ends up as the dog, i would drop ALOT of money on that line.

if Overeem can't beat Cain.... we are in for a LONG Cain reign

AO has a proven track record of not being able to deal with aggressive GNP

That being said Cain shot in for many desperate takedowns from far away on JDS last night. Doing that against AO would be handing him a knee KO.

If you seriously believe that last part you wrote i URGE you to take a basic course in human anathomy and fast.

You can't hide behind the gigantic K1 gloves in MMA either to protect yourself.

That'll be all for today though, but thanks for the laugh.

Dude just stop you don't know wtf you are talking about at all. What he said about the strengthening your traps is true. It helps you absorb jarring blows, thought it was common knowledge and but I guess it's laughable.

Kids these days.

Its possible TS, but I'm hoping it won't go that long.

Overeem will land when JDS could not.

And you're basing this on... what? JDS has better proven TDD than Overeem (and anyone else I can think of at HW)

Sig bet? I don't think Reem would last long enough for Cain to slow down at all.

JDS wasnt even known for his TDD until last night so wtf are you talking about?

Whats a sig bet btw?

He might not have to. One good shot and Cain could be finished.

Or, Overeem could be finished at the blood test

jds-ko-cain.png

"Cain's Chin"

Isn't behind his ear.

A bigger concern is Cain walking onto those massive knee strikes, and that front choke looks made for Cains attempted TD. Cain has a shot but fuck me, the chances are he gets nailed. People don't seem to understand, they think Overeem is some plodding dinosaur. The guy has a major skill set backed with massive power and strength. Taking Overeem down is also a huge unknown, and bigger task.

If anything it has been mentally in the past, and he hasnt been pressured in any MMA fights since he jumped ship from the LHW div back in pride. Aslong as he's holding the hammer he's good to go, but when someone else is swining it he quits.

I also wouldnt rate being dropped in K1 and the likes either, since you get chances to recover, in MMA you eat punches/kicks/knees/elbows until a refs saves you or you tap to strikes.

And he doesnt have the cardio to play Cain's game, he wont have EVER unless he get's rid of some of his mass, so it'll be Overeem with a chance to win for one round, Cain will be in there for five if needed and he'll be able to win in any of them.

If this fight happens and Cain somehow ends up as the dog, i would drop ALOT of money on that line.

the point is that he hasnt folded mentally or physically when getting bombed on. hes still been in the fight. its an improvement, but like i said im not pretending he is durable.

he cant go into a war of attrition with cain, and cain cant make a mistake against him. those failed takedowns or playing in the clinch will cost him dearly.

its a coin flip imo, but again i think its fine to favor cain.

JDS wasnt even known for his TDD until last night so wtf are you talking about?

You what? He has (possibly) the best TDD in the HW division, and afaik even Cain agreed about that before the fight. He'd spent 13 seconds or something on his back in all his UFC fights until now. Every analysis before the fight was going "can Cain get past JDS's excellent TDD etc". Wtf are YOU talking about?

You what? He has (possibly) the best TDD in the HW division, and afaik even Cain agreed about that before the fight. He'd spent 13 seconds or something on his back in all his UFC fights until now. Every analysis before the fight was going "can Cain get past JDS's excellent TDD etc". Wtf are YOU talking about?

Show me some of this analysis please. The talk was about Cain getting out of the first round before getting hammered like he did last time LOL

Totally agree, Even when Overeem was lean he would always have a good pace in the first three minutes and then slow, Cain will pressure him to exhaustion. Also, let's not forget fighters always bounce back much stronger after their first loss, JDS was extremely overconfident and this will humble him.. The third fight will be a war, and the circle of top Hws make every possible matchup a huge ppv and success, Cain winning is the most exciting thing to happen to HW in a while.

Back