Overeem won't be able to deal with Cain's pace

Just a username

Black Belt
Reaction score
Overeem is a slow-paced fighter with limited cardio who has been grapplefucked in the past. I'm fairly certain that JDS has better TDD than Overeem and also a better chin. I don't see Overeem making it past 3 rounds, Cain's wrestling and overall pace will be too much for him.

Don't underestimate Cain again, you saw how badly he tooled a fighter who hadn't lost round in the UDC.

I think cardio is the biggest advantage Cain has over Overeem. Overeem has to deal with Cain cardio. Otherwise, if Overeem cain get to such degree cardio as Cain (at least to be close), then Cain is in big big trouble.

I think cardio is the biggest advantage Cain has over Overeem. Overeem has to deal with Cain cardio. Otherwise, if Overeem cain get to such degree cardio as Cain, then Cain is in big big trouble.

I don't think he can, he carries way too much muscle to ever have that kinda of cardio.

Allistar's cardio would be a concern but he could get Cain early but Cain I think would be favoried to win.

He won't have to if he just KOs him in the first.

Should be a good fight if Overeem can make it by Bigfoot.

Cains chin + cardio + wrestling = trouble for Reem...

Overeem would just have to go beast mode and win first round. No way most of these other HWs can hang with Cain's type of cardio and pace.

I favor Cain in the matchup largely for that reason, but don't disregard Overeem's chance of ending the fight early.

I agree. Cain has freekish cardio for a 240lbs man
Overeem would have to finish him fast, but we see how that went for JDs

what if overeem punches him in the face before cain starts pouring it on?

cain would be knocked the fuck out?

oh.

cain attempts takedown
straight into uberknee by reem
that's it

I favor Cain in the matchup largely for that reason, but don't disregard Overeem's chance of ending the fight early.

Oh i'm not, cause he can KO anyone at any point, but Cain should be a sound favourite IMO.

Cains chin + cardio + wrestling = trouble for Reem...

cains chin is nothing special. hes been hurt by strikes plenty and can be hurt by them again.

they are both stylistic nightmares for the other. anyone pretending otherwise is simply being close minded.

I'd be rooting for Overeem, and I think he can win, but I think Cain would be a 3-1 favorite at least, and rightfully so.
Bigfoot vs Reem should tell us a lot though.

Back