Overeem won't be able to deal with Cain's pace

No but he spent two years in a sickbed preparing for the fight, and he was never a great technical wrestler anyway, his advantages where mainly physical.

I'll take a sig bet if you want.

technical enough to take cain down though. (he was sick for that fight too remember?)

well talk after reem/bigfoot. people seem to forget that fight has to happen first. i wouldnt look beyond bigfoot.

If the fight is still going in late round 3 or it gets to round 4 i think the Reem is in need of a hail Mary Ko as he will be gassed.

i dont think this fight makes it out of the first honestly.

reem either lands and cain gets smashed, or cain takes him down and reem gets smashed. cain could also hurt reem with his hands. wont pretend like he cant.

neither of them can withstand the others onslaught. not a chance in hell.

Getting back up from Hari dropping you three times>Not getting up from JDS dropping you once.

I think Overeem tools with Cain early but yeah cardio is probably going to be the thing that will keep the belt around Cain's waist.

Brock is a strong dude and look what Reem did to him like it was nothing. REEM is too strong but cain is also a beast. this would be very intriguing lol

141_web_FINAL-10_overeem_vs_lesnar_006_large.jpg

The thing is Overeem won't want to get into a grueling match with Cain, he's just too big and would expend too much energy. He'll need to get it over sooner than later.

Just for the sake of a good laugh, please tell us how Overeem is a "stylistic" nightmare for Cain?

I see tons of talk about "uberknee" this and that, you cant throw knees if you are stuck against a cage wall. And also lol'd hard at Overeem "ragdolling" Cain, Cain was ragdolling 265 pounds of Ben Rothwell without any difficulty.

It's also retarded to throw knees in a clinch situation against wrestlers, since it's like asking them to take you down.

Let me guess, havent done a second of combat sports your entire life?

Overeem has a ton of weapons for the short distances, knees, powerful hooks, and the tightest guillotine choke in the game. I doubt Cain can get Overeem against the fence, but if he can, Overeem has the height for that dangerous guillotine

The thing is Overeem won't want to get into a grueling match with Cain, he's just too big and would expend too much energy. He'll need to get it over sooner than later.

cain cant withstand overeems beating.

overeem cant withstand cains beating.

unless they are both incredibly timid, this earns brutally and early.

I think both Brock fights are irrelevant. He was a poodle in the dog pound at that point.

True that Brock wins are irrelevant as a show of skill, aside from maybe takedown defense.... but I can't help but laugh every time I remember that 60% of people voted that Brock would win on the pole they did. So all though it was an easy fight. It still counts on his resume just because of Brock's hype train at the time and his ranking.

technical enough to take cain down though. (he was sick for that fight too remember?)

well talk after reem/bigfoot. people seem to forget that fight has to happen first. i wouldnt look beyond bigfoot.

I agree bigfoot could throw a spanner in the works. As could various tests and comissions.

reem either lands and cain gets smashed, or cain takes him down and reem gets smashed. cain could also hurt reem with his hands. wont pretend like he cant.

Valid point

Getting back up from Hari dropping you three times>Not getting up from JDS dropping you once.

Yeah but Cain could have made an 8 count easily on that day. It's just MMA doesn't have the 8 count. So what's your point?

I agree. I just think Cain's onslaught is a lot more reliable than Overeem's. He doesn't have to win within the first 15 seconds.

so wait, brock is cain's second biggest win, but he is a NOBODY when overeem beat him?

also, im gonna need a source on the same chin, cause since moving up, he hasnt been finished in MMA, and has been very effective vs. the best kickboxers in the world in K-1.

you also realize when you strengthen your traps and neck muscles, it improves your ability to take a blow, right?

If you seriously believe that last part you wrote i URGE you to take a basic course in human anathomy and fast.

You can't hide behind the gigantic K1 gloves in MMA either to protect yourself.

That'll be all for today though, but thanks for the laugh.

Judged on that showing you maybe right although the fighter JDS looked to be in the past was for me clearly a worse matchup than Cain.

As you say the potential difference to me seems to me that Overeem has alot more tools to punish Cain. JDS's entire game is really dependant on looking for those big looping shots, aslong as Cain avoided them he really wasnt paying much of a price for his aggression. Coming forward like that vs Allistair really does leave you open to knees, body kicks, the Overtine and indeed his own takedowns/ground game.

Indeed.

Let me also add that while Cain did most of his damage with ground and pound he knocked Dos Santos down with a punch. Junior has power and excellent Boxing but he has always been hittable which should have been recognized from his fights with Crocop and Carwin. People were highly overrating his standup when they talked about him beating Overeem.

I think Overeem can definitely beat Velasquez. As you said he has more weapons. If you pressure him like that you could end up in the clinch. Overeem has great kicks, knees and punches in close, plus he's freakishly strong and has good takedown defense. It's not going to be easy for Cain to bully him against the cage or take him down. I did believe that Velasquez could beat Dos Santos if he fought exactly the way he did with his pressure, dropping levels and mixing up striking and takedowns. Junior could not adapt to that pace and unpredictably. Overeem should be more difficult for Cain because he's more versatile.

Yeah but Cain could have made an 8 count easily on that day. It's just MMA doesn't have the 8 count. So what's your point?

My point is that Overeem's chin has more often than not, been a matter of him being dropped and giving up. Rather than actually going to sleep. He doesn't seem like he has that issue anymore. Not to say he can't still get dropped but he can work his way back into the fight if he does with his BJJ, as long as he doesn't gas... 1 punch doesn't make Overeem quit anymore.

If you seriously believe that last part you wrote i URGE you to take a basic course in human anathomy and fast.

You can't hide behind the gigantic K1 gloves in MMA either to protect yourself.

That'll be all for today though, but thanks for the laugh.

his chin has improved or he has learned to handle strikes better mentally.

he took the same punches and clinch knees from werdum that were rocking nelson. hes eaten huge bombs from the likes or tyrone spong, hari, etc.

i certainly dont think hes durable, but something improved undoubtedly.

My point is that Overeem's chin has more often than not, been a matter of him being dropped and giving up. Rather than actually going to sleep. He doesn't seem like he has that issue anymore. Not to say he can't still get dropped but he can work his way back into the fight if he does with his BJJ, as long as he doesn't gas... 1 punch doesn't make Overeem quit anymore.

I don't think Overeem has a bad chin (and neither does Cain).

I think the problem is he won't be facing one punch, he'll be facing shitloads of punches. And he will gas. His BJJ won't enter into it, he'll be fighting for air, not submissions.

I think Cain is Overeem's worst possible matchup, because his style is designed to exploit mental and physical fatigue. I think Overeem knows this, and I think he'd probably rather piss hot than be thrown into that meatgrinder.

Back