Overeem Vs Velasquez - Who Wins?

Reem! Lets see Cain beat someone besides Browne. If you exclude Browne eye poking the shit out of Mitirone he might as well been on a two fight losing streak and his win before that was Schlub. Not impressive at all.

Cain takes Reem down, mauls him, gasses him, and finishes him brutally. Reem has a puncher's chance, though.

Overeem via Cain faking injuries and pulling out/delaying the fight by 3 years

Cain 100%.

It's time for another Overeem gets KO'd silly gif.

Cain wins as long as he mixes up his striking and grappling. Overeem has the ability to KO him, but I think he will fade if Cain keeps the pressure on him.

Cain ...... how can anyone dispute this ? , Cain is faster , tougher , and has cardio for days , Overeem would be overwhelmed by Cains consistent pressure and would whit under his pressure for a 2nd or 3rd round tko.

Can't really call this one, but if the Cain that just destroyed Travis Browne comes to play, we'd be in for one hell of a legendary fight.

photo.jpg

Overeem by tko, Cain's striking is pretty overrated.

What a fantastic match-up, I have been salivating over it for years.

I'd root for Cain but it's so hard to imagine anyone beating Reem @ this point besides Stipe maybe.

Overeem is Cain's kryptonite, been saying it for a while.

Cain can't strike with him at range or in the pocket, Reem's boxing/muay thai is too crisp and accurate. He can't clinch with him and dirty box, Reem has probably the best clinch at heavyweight, very strong and those KNEES. His best route would be to try to score takedowns and GnP from top position but Reem has a great guard with good subs and sweeps and decent wrestling himself, and if Reem were to get top position his GnP is absolutely brutal. On top of these stylistic comparisons, Reem has shown off great poise and execution of his gameplans lately whereas his own emotions and recklessness have been his downfall in the past.

If the fight were to go down, I'd bet on Overeem by TKO within 3 rounds.

Overeem could KO Cain in the first round or Cain could wear Overeem down over time. Hard to say. Werdum destroyed Cain in the Thai Clinch, Overeem could knock his head off with a knee.

To be fair, any top10 HW can also KO Reem in the first round aswell without it being suprising. If Cain beats Reem its a lot more likely by KO than decision.

I've been saying Reem could beat Cain since he won the strikeforce title and all the zuffa zombies shit talked me and laughed.

Now you fairweather, bandwagon ass fans are saying he will be next champ.

Sherdog pisses me off. If you said Reem wouldn't be HW champ before in like 2010 and now you're saying hes amazing.....go suck on sage/Conors dick cause you're damn sure not an MMA fan.

Like god damnit.

When is the last time you've seen Reem taken down?

Reem actually does have great TDD, but he got double legged by Mir lol. Not many people know this because most fell asleep during that fight

Overeem is Cain's kryptonite, been saying it for a while.

Cain can't strike with him at range or in the pocket, Reem's boxing/muay thai is too crisp and accurate. He can't clinch with him and dirty box, Reem has probably the best clinch at heavyweight, very strong and those KNEES. His best route would be to try to score takedowns and GnP from top position but Reem has a great guard with good subs and sweeps and decent wrestling himself, and if Reem were to get top position his GnP is absolutely brutal. On top of these stylistic comparisons, Reem has shown off great poise and execution of his gameplans lately whereas his own emotions and recklessness have been his downfall in the past.

If the fight were to go down, I'd bet on Overeem by TKO within 3 rounds.

Agreed, except I'd have Overeem via guillotine

But like most matchups, Overeem has the pretty overwhelming skillset advantage, just comes down to his durability. If Cain can put constant pressure and land accurate punches, who knows

Back