Overeem Vs Velasquez - Who Wins?

This would be a phenomenal fight. Overeem's become way more meticulous in his last few fights, so I don't think it would be easy for Cain to take him down and Overeem has better striking so I'm going with Overeem, but I wouldn't be surprised if Cain won.

What do you guys think?

Velasquez wouldnt take Overeem's soul.

He would eat it.

IF the Cain that showed up at UFC 200 shows up for the fight, he destroys Overeem.

I got Reem, picking him apart eventually getting a finish

This would be such an epic fight. I have been wanting to see this matchup for a long time.

It could really go either way. I really think both Overeem's takedown defense and his guillotine are solid answers to Cain's wrestling. I could see Cain backing him against the cage and trying to do what he did to JDS but I can also see Alistair landing a big knee in the clinch.

Can't wait for this fight to happen one day

Cain isn't in Reems level, Cain is a gatekeeper of the division. Only by freak chance does he win the gold just like Michael Pissbing won the lottery and became champ

Reem actually does have great TDD, but he got double legged by Mir lol. Not many people know this because most fell asleep during that fight

Agreed, except I'd have Overeem via guillotine

But like most matchups, Overeem has the pretty overwhelming skillset advantage, just comes down to his durability. If Cain can put constant pressure and land accurate punches, who knows
Its just hard for me to picture Cain being able to overcome the reach disadvantage without getting countered or battered with Thai kicks. I also can't really see him cutting off Reem against the cage. Reem has been fighting very smart lately, he knows when to circle and when to attack. You are right though, anything can happen and Cain hurt both Nog and Browne badly with his hands. Its not out of the realm of possibility for him to buzz Reem with a punch and swarm with relentless follow up.

tumblr_mv8oblzJjA1sgmy05o1_400.gif

Cain via pressure. I think he closes the gap and TKO's him, Cain is just an absolute animal, the only thing I can see Reem doing is putting him in a Thai clinch and kneeing him out, but I think Cain could get out, put Reem down and beat him up.

Cain would take Overoid soul off his chin.

Overeem doesn't stand a chance.

When is the last time you've seen Reem taken down?
In the last 6+ years, Reem has fought exactly 1 wrestler (Brock). Yes, Reem has good TDD, but it's been made to look better than it actually is because he's only fought strikers for years.

You really think so? He had more of the big gloves style when he was ubereem.

Now days he moves around lot more and fights like Jon Jones.

Its true, but go take a look on how exposed he was for a TD in his 3 recent fights. Good thing none of those was good at wrestling.

The 3 fighters did put pressure on him, put him against the cage, and did land bombs on Reem guard. Reem guard was his both hands, like he used to back in the day.

Against Cain, someone who has that speed advantage and has the best pressure game out there, not sure how that will went for him.

Any kind of HW Reem beats Cain most of the time IMO.

People shit on me a while back for saying Reem and Carwin both were bad match ups for Cain who has a questionable chin and a very hittable chin.

Reem and Carwin would stuff the first TD or 2 then finish him IMO

Back