Overeem Vs Velasquez - Who Wins?

pcbh167

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
This would be a phenomenal fight. Overeem's become way more meticulous in his last few fights, so I don't think it would be easy for Cain to take him down and Overeem has better striking so I'm going with Overeem, but I wouldn't be surprised if Cain won.

What do you guys think?

It's absolutely crazy. I would have bet my check on cain a while back when reem was on roids and would gas early. Crazy to think that ecoreem has me more worried. Also Cain is always injured and usually like shit when he comes back.

Early advantage goes to eco imo. Cain gets late advantage.

CaIN all day !!
Allthough i must admit ive been enjoying Reem´s personality more and more .... but CaIN .

A thing I noticed about Reem these days and no one is talking about, is that he did go back to his striking defense he used with big gloves. So when someone pressure him against the cage, he will just cover with his hands, leaving his legs open for a TD.

If Miocic does that he will get the fight to the ground with his wrestling. Against Cain that would not be a good idea as well.

I still want Reem to get that belt though, and a fight with Cain for the title would be the best HW match in a long time.

It's tough because of Overeem's knees, but I think Cain can find that chin.

Probably of the better matchups at HW. We'll see it eventually.

It's a fight that needs to be seen imo. Really hard to tell. I almost never can pick against Reem because his defense is so good for a heavyweight and he's so lethal when trying to penetrate on him no homo.

Would EconoReem be the GOAT if he had a good chin?

Cain beats Overeem everywhere, 1 sided beatdown I think

Overeem could KO Cain in the first round or Cain could wear Overeem down over time. Hard to say. Werdum destroyed Cain in the Thai Clinch, Overeem could knock his head off with a knee.

I think Cain will wear him out and tko late finish or ud

I will favor Cain for a TKO finish somewhere around late round 2 or early 3.

Reem can win of course big HW with a lot of offensive prowess. Hard fight for both.

Reem has been extremely consistent and if he goes out there and beats Stipe I will definitely favor him over Cain who looks amazing like every 3 fights and takes year long layoffs in between each fight. With Cain the story is always he get injured, comes back looks amazing, gets injured again and doesnt look so amazing etc.

With Reem you at least know what youre getting. A smarter, adjusted , economic calculated striker with great wrestling and grappling and size and power and still KTFOing JDS and Arlovski real cleanly.

If both men are on their best day I think Reem wins based on styles.

People are blind. Cain looked slow as fuck against Browne. Overeem would probably pick him apart.

It's a fight that needs to be seen imo. Really hard to tell. I almost never can pick against Reem because his defense is so good for a heavyweight and he's so lethal when trying to penetrate on him no homo.
(Complete Homo) Reem penetrates Cain all day.

The two best hw's of the past decade,,,,,throw Cormier in there too. I still say Ubereem is the greatest fighter to ever walk the planet, but then someone decided to take my avatar away from him.

Back