Overeem Vs Velasquez - Who Wins?

Reem is the most underachieving HW ever, and he is going to be UFC HW champ, that's how great he is.

Econo reem has emotions but hides them by trying to act tough. Deep down econoreem is sad.

Hard to predict for me. Cain has less weak points I feel but overeems strong points make him dangerous as always. Fights needs to happen after the stipe fight.

Reem actually does have great TDD, but he got double legged by Mir lol. Not many people know this because most fell asleep during that fight

Agreed, except I'd have Overeem via guillotine

But like most matchups, Overeem has the pretty overwhelming skillset advantage, just comes down to his durability. If Cain can put constant pressure and land accurate punches, who knows
I must have been one of the people sleeping. I thought he was initiating trips and had a knockdown.

This would be a phenomenal fight. Overeem's become way more meticulous in his last few fights, so I don't think it would be easy for Cain to take him down and Overeem has better striking so I'm going with Overeem, but I wouldn't be surprised if Cain won.

What do you guys think?
This is one of those I can't even choose. I'd love to see it though.

I must have been one of the people sleeping. I thought he was initiating trips and had a knockdown.

Yeah it was really weird lol

Mir shot from pretty far away from what I remember and still managed to get a takedown. Then he went from the guillotine from the top position for some reason and gave his position away.

A thing I noticed about Reem these days and no one is talking about, is that he did go back to his striking defense he used with big gloves. So when someone pressure him against the cage, he will just cover with his hands, leaving his legs open for a TD.

If Miocic does that he will get the fight to the ground with his wrestling. Against Cain that would not be a good idea as well.

I still want Reem to get that belt though, and a fight with Cain for the title would be the best HW match in a long time.
You really think so? He had more of the big gloves style when he was ubereem.

Now days he moves around lot more and fights like Jon Jones.

Although Overeem has better cardio now, he is not strong enough to stop Cain's pressure and TD. Cain's chin has also held up quite well recently. I'd favour Cain in that one.

Reem by guilotine.

Cain would find his chin sometime before the 2nd round ended.

Yeah it was really weird lol

Mir shot from pretty far away from what I remember and still managed to get a takedown. Then he went from the guillotine from the top position for some reason and gave his position away.
It was before Econoreem made full transformation. But Mir to his credit knows how to get the fight to the ground. I just dont see Cain taking Reem down at will. He's got some of the best TDD I've seen in any weight class.

It was before Econoreem made full transformation. But Mir to his credit knows how to get the fight to the ground. I just dont see Cain taking Reem down at will. He's got some of the best TDD I've seen in any weight class.

If he gets him down I anticipate Reem being able to pop back up anyway

A fun fight for sure. With Reem's tentative game plan and being a hard hitter, I dont see Cain throwing caution to the wind for a TD that might or might not happen. Cain also doesnt do a lot of body lock TD's he usually shoots low and that can be disastrous with a person who has instinctive knees. Okay Im just a hugger.

Well Cain is great at what is Reem's, or used to be, kryptonite, which is keeping up high pressure until he crumbles. Depending on if Reem can weather that storm is the key, because Overeem's strengths basically negate Cain's IMO, Cain isn't getting him down. Clinching with Overeem will get him bullied. Honestly I maintained that Reem would smash the Cain that fought Werdum, but he came back and looked great against Travis. I could definitely see the Overeem fight going similar to that. I REALLY want to see this matchup tbh, I hope Overeem wins the title and we get to see it and that we aren't robbed of it by Cain getting injured or Overeem getting smashed by Stipe then retiring in a year or two without having met Cain.

Cain would touch that chin at least once in the fight which is all he needs

I think that argument went out the window when Overeem survived 3 fights in a row against some of the heaviest hitters in the division.

A thing I noticed about Reem these days and no one is talking about, is that he did go back to his striking defense he used with big gloves. So when someone pressure him against the cage, he will just cover with his hands, leaving his legs open for a TD.

If Miocic does that he will get the fight to the ground with his wrestling. Against Cain that would not be a good idea as well.

I still want Reem to get that belt though, and a fight with Cain for the title would be the best HW match in a long time.
no reem don't need that belt.

If cain could make it to the octagon (and Im not saying he can) he would get KOd stiff

Reem is the worst matchup for Cain IMO even moreso than Fab.

Reem has the best clinch @ HW, hes Cains superior on the inside and Cain relies on the infighting and clinch to win alot of fights and set up his taichydowns. Fab has the 2nd best clinch but he doesnt have the TDD of Reem, some of the best defensive wrestling in the division. Additionally hes a far superior sturiker at range and Cain before Werdum only fought punchers (JDS, Bigfoot, Bork, Kongo, Ben etc), we saw how much he struggled when knees and kicks were put in by a good offensive sturiker who pales in comparison to Reem. Outside of Fab, Ben and Barnett, Reem prolly has the best submission game too which Cain has to worry about and didnt have to against JDS, Bork or Bigfoot since standing they have 0 gurappling threat.

Reem by early TKO, late 1st or early 2nd.

I see Cain getting finished by Reem, Stipe or Werdum again.

Back