Over 7 years later and I still don't understand why Punk/Danielson didn't main WM 2014

I didn't know about Bret and the Macho Man but yeah that would have made sense. They wanted to book Yoko as a monster heel for Hogan to destroy.

It's amazing to me that fans actually argue against themselves. I understand people in the WWE booking their friends to the top or themselves (HHH) but why are fans excepting this?

It was clear to me that the PAYING audience wanted Punk/Danielson. I don't mean people on reddit or twitter. I mean the people who paid to be in attendance and who pay for the shows, they clearly wanted Danielson and Punk featured.
From what I recall they were trying to get a big star to put Bret over. Clearly Hogan wasn't going to do it. I think they tried Warrior and he refused as well. So Macho asked to do it and Vince said no you're too old and put him on commentary.

The Hogan/Yoko play was short term gain. Vince had to know that Hogan was becoming stale and unreliable. Hell he didn't even make it to Summerslam and they had to shove Lex in there which was a disaster.

Yeah and Hunter told Big Dave the film wasn't going to make any money
And that's why Vince will never let him take over.

What's your point? Triple H can't pick a winner? Yeah we had years of NXT washouts to prove that.

The big guys draw money, that’s a fact
Or only the big guys in the WWE are put in positions to draw. If every champion was treated like 2000 Triple H, who's to say how they would draw.

BTW, Mayweather, Pacquiao, Canelo, Mcgregor, GSP say otherwise to only big guys drawing money.

From what I recall they were trying to get a big star to put Bret over. Clearly Hogan wasn't going to do it. I think they tried Warrior and he refused as well. So Macho asked to do it and Vince said no you're too old and put him on commentary.

The Hogan/Yoko play was short term gain. Vince had to know that Hogan was becoming stale and unreliable. Hell he didn't even make it to Summerslam and they had to shove Lex in there which was a disaster.
The company never got into any of Bret's title reigns. He was the last option or a place holder.

They should have tried with Punk and Danielson. It was better than anything else that they had at the time. Batista/Orton was universally rejected by the fans.

Imagine Punk beating Orton for the title at the Rumble. Then we have Danielson celebrating his Rumble win when all of a sudden his music stops and there is a few seconds of silence. Then CM Punk's music starts to play. The pop for when the fans realized that those two were on their way to main event Mania would have been unreal.

Last edited:
vince-mcmahon-muscle-and-fitness.jpg

Or only the big guys in the WWE are put in positions to draw. If every champion was treated like 2000 Triple H, who's to say how they would draw.

BTW, Mayweather, Pacquiao, Canelo, Mcgregor, GSP say otherwise to only big guys drawing money.
You really can’t compare drawing power in combat sports to drawing power in wrestling.

You really can’t compare drawing power in combat sports to drawing power in wrestling.
Meltzer does all the time and he is the only "expert". So apparently you can.

And you don't know if only the big guys draw if you don't push the smaller guys as much. Ric Flair is one of the biggest draws ever in wrestling and he is 5'11.

Again, Punk/Danielson was the biggest match that they could put on at the time regardless of their size. Are you saying you would have put on Orton/Batista in defiance of how much it was being rejected by your paying audience? How did they work out? The WWE added Danielson anyway.

Last edited:
CM Punk quit like a baby after Royal Rumble.
Punk still thinks him and Jericho should've main evented WM28 over Cena/Rock and that he should've ended Taker's streak. <Lmaoo>

CM Punk quit like a baby after Royal Rumble.
Punk still thinks him and Jericho should've main evented WM28 over Cena/Rock and that he should've ended Taker's streak. <Lmaoo>
Punk walked out just like many wrestlers before him. He shouldn't have main evented over the Rock nor should he have wanted to. And he shouldn't have been the Undertaker's streak or even wrestled him at Mania in the first place.

Still, CM Punk and Danielson should have been the Mania 2014 main event.

Punk walked out just like many wrestlers before him. He shouldn't have main evented over the Rock nor should he have wanted to. And he shouldn't have been the Undertaker's streak or even wrestled him at Mania in the first place.

Still, CM Punk and Danielson should have been the Mania 2014 main event.
Nah, Bryan's moment wouldn't have meant squat if he'd just gone against Punk.

Nah, Bryan's moment wouldn't have meant squat if he'd just gone against Punk.
Danielson wasn't even meant to be in the match in the first place. Your meant squat argument means squat because he was never supposed to be there.

Danielson wasn't even meant to be in the match in the first place. Your meant squat argument means squat because he was never supposed to be there.
But he was. The impact of going over both Orton and Batista > going over vanilla midget Punk

And Orton does? Okay..... all abroad the troll train.
Yeah, I guess that Batista guy has never done shit outside of wrestling or anything. No one knows who he is. <Lmaoo>

Yeah, I guess that Batista guy has never done shit outside of wrestling or anything. No one knows who he is. <Lmaoo>
Batista in April 2014? Are you too busy being a douche to keep the timeline straight? And Batista wasn't a draw at the time either. If he were, they wouldn't have backtracked on him and Orton.

Batista in April 2014? Are you too busy being a douche to keep the timeline straight? And Batista wasn't a draw at the time either. If he were, they wouldn't have backtracked on him and Orton.
{<jordan}

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back