• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Social Out of these languages of the world - Which 4 would you like to learn?

Out of these languages of the world - Which 4 would you like to learn?

• Total voters

Takes Two To Tango

The one who doesn't fall, doesn't stand up.
Platinum Member
Reaction score
https://www.visualcapitalist.com/100-most-spoken-languages/

I'm assuming everyone knows how to speak English on Sherdog. So I didn't include that language on the poll.

If I had to pick it would be Spanish, German, French and Japanese.

84558g59-1408117223.0.png

Spanish cause so many people speak here obviously
Mandarin so I can spy on our future overlords
Portuguese so I can go to Brazil and communicate easily with all of the hotties I impregnate. (Same with Spanish in Columbia).

Cantonese would be my first choice since my wife is from Hong Kong. Then Mandarin and Spanish. Not sure on the 4th one. I know some Japanese, but may be worth being fluent.

Interesting that English is most common language spoken in almost all of these Middle Eastern Countries and India.

Learn Mandarin, Hindi, Spanish and Arabic, on top of English, and you will be able to communicate with around 3.8 billion people. Half the world's population

That's fucken insane, thanks for that information.

Spanish because of Latin Girls
Japanese because of japanese chicks
Portugese because I dream to move into one of the Azores Island when I get older,
and litteraly fuck off with the rest of the world.

I speak 3 of them or am getting better at the 3rd.

I choose Hindi, Mandarian, Arabic, Indonesian

If you dont know any of these the logical 4 ones in terms of use of power and importance globally would be

Spanish
Mandarian
Russian
Arabic

All in regions with growing numbers and geopolitical importance and all regions with few English speakers and a preference for the local langugage

Learn Mandarin, Hindi, Spanish and Arabic, on top of English, and you will be able to communicate with around 3.8 billion people. Half the world's population

Change Arabic for Russian in my opinion. The thing is Arabic has 4 major dialects they arent all intelligible (understandable) between one another. There is 350 million Arab speakers but only 150 million speak Modern standard and can communicate with one another. Some sources say its 270 million modern standard speakers but practically none speak it as a first langugage and the levels of fluency vary immensely.

By comparison according to Ethnologue Russian has 300 million to 320 million. And had up to 350 million people spoke it when the Soviet Union collapsed. Russian holding 200 million first langugage speakers with the rest speaking it as a 2nd langugage. Russian is on the rise in Israel, UAE, Iran and the Central Asian post soviet states and Russian is the official langugage of the Eurasian Union (Russia version of the EU which is expanding). Russian langugage also growing in Iran with potential given its population size and Russian has 1 standard form compared to Arabic. When you speak Arabic as a professional at the UN to translate you have to speak modern standard and also 1 other major dialect of Arabic. Lastly Arabic losses some of its own ground to English by choice in Morocco, and some Gulf states. The Arab world is also more accomodating to English than the Russian world.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back