• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Social Out of these languages of the world - Which 4 would you like to learn?

Out of these languages of the world - Which 4 would you like to learn?

• Total voters
Of the "big" European languages I would love to learn French. Though I am lazy with languages and was never good at them in school.

Closer to home I would love to be fluent in Irish, I speak only a cúpla focal (a few words/a little bit) at present.

Japanese would be useful for untranslated visual novels, French and Spanish cover a variety of countries, and Russia because I couldn't think of anything else for my last pick.

Actually working on my German right now but my grammar is terrible.

Ich sprieche ein bidden deutsch aber I habe nicht meine deutch geuben. (I’m sure that’s grossly misspelled)

I’d like to work up to the point where I can hold a conversation and go to Germany for carnival or Oktoberfest.

Growing up where I did id also like to learn more Arabic. Russian would be fun to learn as well.

Last edited:
We will all have to speak mandarin or Cantonese in the future for any one who has seen how china soldiers are training their equipment is getting good and how fast their navy is progressing they are also taking over africa already with private military. Chinas technology and is already better than the u.s they have an entire city of millions dedicated to tech stuff shenzen

Any one who is into the knife world knows how fast china evolved there they are creating 20 dollar knives that out perform 200 dollar american knives in craftmanship.

I went utilitarian on this one.
Arabic
French
Mandarin
Spanish

Not a lot of places in the world you might yourself without someone who can speak one of those around.

I chose Spanish, Mandarin, Arabic, and Japanese.

My Spanish is alright but I’d like to have super Spanish. The others I only know a little of.

I can hardly even speak English, how am I going to learn 4 more languages?

Right not I'm learning Korean as I'm in Korea rn and my gf is Korean. It's incredibly hard tho, for me anyways. Taking topik 1 test in a couple of weeks, I should be able to easily get level 1 but level 2 is not a certainty. I can't really have a conversation or tell what's being said if I were to try to watch a show in korean, I'm sure it will feel pretty rewarding once I become somewhat fluent (if I ever do). Aside from that maybe Japanese, it's similar to korean and I'm a weeb so it would be the next logical choice. Maybe French too because I'm from Canada. As of rn I have my hands full just learning Korean. In fact I should be studying Korean rn but instead I'm on Sherdog..

Already have a pretty good undertanding of German, wouldn't take much to bring it up to acceptable standards. So didn't choose that

I used to be pretty proficient at French and Spanish, but those skills have eroded long since. So I chose Spanish because it seems the most practical out of the two, due to the number of people speaking it. Really like French too though.

Also went with Mandarin for basically the same reason and added that China is a superpower.

Went with Indonesian because I have roots there.

Went with Japan, because it has an awesome culture and the country is beautiful.

Last edited:
Back