• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Seated guard passes

I got so much better when I started doing this instead of searching youtube for answers. Especially when I ask them what they have trouble defending against.
We’ve been doing this since I made this thread and I’ve gotten so much better since. It really changes everything.
Hey @Smato_rules

I finally heard back from @Calibur on Facebook and he sent me these two videos on Tozi/Sao Paulo.
He makes it so simple.

Thank you for this! This is great

We’ve been doing this since I made this thread and I’ve gotten so much better since. It really changes everything.

Thank you for this! This is great
It's something I love about F12, there's REALLY good technical advice from seasoned, cranky old grapplers you don't find anywhere else. I've also made a few genuine friends here. He is one of them. He didn't share this here, but we chatted via messages a lot and became friends on FB and IG. When I saw how he showed the Tozi pass, I started doing it A LOT. Once I did it a few times, it became such a powerful pass that I abandoned a lot of other things, and would sometimes force myself into a closed guard from half, de la riva, or reverse de la riva because once I could get that underhook, it's almost a sure thing.

Just do it like he says, and once you have the feel for it you're gonna fall in love with it.

He told me that's all he does anymore lol

It's something I love about F12, there's REALLY good technical advice from seasoned, cranky old grapplers you don't find anywhere else. I've also made a few genuine friends here. He is one of them. He didn't share this here, but we chatted via messages a lot and became friends on FB and IG. When I saw how he showed the Tozi pass, I started doing it A LOT. Once I did it a few times, it became such a powerful pass that I abandoned a lot of other things, and would sometimes force myself into a closed guard from half, de la riva, or reverse de la riva because once I could get that underhook, it's almost a sure thing.

Just do it like he says, and once you have the feel for it you're gonna fall in love with it.

He told me that's all he does anymore lol
That’s awesome and I’m looking forward to trying it out! Now is there a way to apply these concepts against a seated guard player? I’d think getting the under hook forcing them on their back and working the same sequence around the feet, right? Or is there a other way

That’s awesome and I’m looking forward to trying it out! Now is there a way to apply these concepts against a seated guard player? I’d think getting the under hook forcing them on their back and working the same sequence around the feet, right? Or is there a other way
Get on your knees. It makes it very difficult for them to enter leg entanglements, and you can force closed guard.

Back