Movies Out of these horror films - Which one the best? (Finals Triple O/T)

What's your pick?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
exorcist for me
alien is sci fi mixed with horror (also the sequel is better)

DEAD HEAT! Come on Exorcist.

download.jpeg

Last edited:
Alien, which would have been my number 1 or 2 regardless.

I'd have voted for The Thing over Exorcist. Hell I would have voted for The Shining, Halloween, and The Texas Chain Saw Massacre over it as well.

When does this poll end? Looks like Alien will pull it off in the closing minutes of the last round.

And it’s hard to argue the results. Alien is one of the greatest movies of all time. Every bit as good as Blade Runner.

I'm surprised it's this close. Exorcist is the prototype for outstanding horror. Alien is excellent as well but it's all about the Exorcist.
I'm looking forward to the new one even though the reviews are kinda shit. It hit streaming so I'll steal it as soon as I get a chance.

What if a demon took over an alien
Was coming to ask this. Now THAT would be one hell of a monster. Sheesh.

election_2023_13939_c0-85-3478-2112_s885x516-jpg.1008480
black-kid-oh-snap_0.gif

voted Alien because it's such a re-watchable movie.
seriously, how many times can you watch the exorcist?

Alien

Watched the Exorcist twice and have zero desire to watch again.
Good movie for sure.

Alien watched maybe 20 times and it's still on my mind to rewatch again.
Incredible movie that doesn't age.

Alien is my favorite movie all time. I watch it several times a year. But any of the top 3 can't be faulted, all exceptionally good movies.

Sci-Fi and Horror are not mutually exclusive. One is a setting, the other a genre.

It's like saying "Blazing Saddles isn't a comedy! It's a western!"

Alien I think is quite strongly horror but I think a big part of why mainstream horror has declined since the peak these polls have demonstrated is that its become much narrower and more formulaic.

The days when the best working directors in Hollywood would do a horror film really have been over for 20-30 years now, the arthouse/indie scene I think has had a revival in horror quality though and a lot of those films are now confined to narrow slasher jump scare formulas.

Back