Movies Out of these horror films - Which one the best? (Finals Double O/T)

What's your pick?

• Total voters
These polls are great. Also, very weird with the results. The Exorcist was no where near Alien and the Thing in previous polls, but all of a sudden is absolutely dominating the final poll.

Very strange

lol yeah, that's what it seems so. But The Exorcist was hovering in the top 3 in the last two previous rounds.

As you can see here.

The Finals
The Finals O/T

Would you guys like to see one more round? Mono a mono with The Exorcist vs. Alien? Let me know. I'll do it if a lot of you guys want it.

These polls are great. Also, very weird with the results. The Exorcist was no where near Alien and the Thing in previous polls, but all of a sudden is absolutely dominating the final poll.

Very strange

I'm guessing it probably picked up more of the votes of people who went for supernatural slashers in previous polls.

Would you guys like to see one more round? Mono a mono with The Exorcist vs. Alien? Let me know. I'll do it if a lot of you guys want it.

Would be interesting to see how the vote spilts.

I'm guessing it probably picked up more of the votes of people who went for supernatural slashers in previous polls.

Would be interesting to see how the vote spilts.

That's true with the vote split. I think I'll do it just to see.

dktn9nttu9j41.gif

That's true with the vote split. I think I'll do it just to see.

I have a feeling that might favourite Alien although perhaps not, it does tend to be the "horror for people who don't normally rate horror" were as The Thing is considered more within the culture coming from a director most known for horror.

Agreed. I was reading it late at night as a kid alone in my room. And what disturbed me most was the graphic descriptions of black mass. It was just so disgusting and blasphemous. You could almost feel demonic forces over your shoulder as you read that shit.
That is a great description of the feelings it gives you.

I would like to see another round of OT, but think the end result will still be the same. Alien is coming up short because it is a genre-bending film, and most voters just don’t consider it a true horror film. Same reason the Thing is getting dinged.

I have to go with the Thing, by a slim margin.

so many great elements, claustrophobia, trust, a nefarious being, being trapped, an alien species etc.

Alien.

Claustrophobia caused by being stuck on a ship surrounded by space. Being literally trapped in with a nefarious alien.

Hmmm...

Alien.

Claustrophobia caused by being stuck on a ship surrounded by space. Being literally trapped in with a nefarious alien.

Hmmm...

as I said in another thread, this is a coin toss for me. two great films. then again, I'm a sucker for sci-fi Horror.

Back