Out of these 4 fighters, who's striking do you enjoy to watch the most?

Who’s striking do you enjoy the most?

• Total voters
Nice thread. Added a courtesy poll for you.

For me personally it’s rob font. It’s just so smooth and crisp.

We are a rare breed in this thread. I think if he beats Garbrandt then people will finally jump on that wagon.

We are a rare breed in this thread. I think if he beats Garbrandt then people will finally jump on that wagon.
Yup...I get that Moraes may not have been in his top form..but I think people aren’t giving font enough credit for that. Font is championship material. He kept Simon off him and that guy has absolutely smothered some guys. And he knocked out Moraes. Those two fights for me mean that he can hang with elite strikers. And he can hang with elite wrestlers.

Font is a dangerous dangerous dude. And he’s a lot of fun to watch. Don’t worry, everyone else will find out soon <Lmaoo>

I remember you where one of the few who actually picked Font to beat Moraes. Congrats on that.

Font is a dangerous dangerous dude. And he’s a lot of fun to watch. Don’t worry, everyone else will find out soon Lmaoo

Oh he won me over after starchingd muh guy Marlon pretty hard.

Mind I was a fan before but didn't expect it to go quite like that lol...

I remember you where one of the few who actually picked Font to beat Moraes. Congrats on that.

Thanks sherbro. I got him beating Cody, too, but I'm less confident this time. Cody's athleticism is really special at 135lbs and his hand speed can cause problems for anyone. Skill for skill, though, I got Font. Font's 6 inch reach advantage could also be a huge factor.

Honestly Cody. I think his head movement is pure beauty and has some pretty good combinations. If he stays calm during the fight I could see him beating most of the division and maybe holding the belt again.
giphy.gif

That is one of the greatest examples of not getting hit. The robot at the end was epic! Plus it helps that he whooped Cruz in that fight, lol.

Garbrandt has the best hands.
Sandhagen has the best variety
Font has the best fundamentals
TJ has the best urine sample

Last edited:
Sandhagen
Font
Cody
TJ

Fav Striker to watch is Joanna J tho.

Voted Sandhagen simply because we haven't seen TJ in 2 years, so I don't look forward to him too often since he's been inactive, otherwise I probably would've voted him.

Rob Font is a random ass pick for this poll though, lol.

Cody when he's fighting smart and not getting caught in a brawl. Unbelievably fast, great head movement, fast & heavy hands, great combinations, all-around slick boxing... I love it.

Sandhagen has really grown on me though. I need to go back and watch some of his other fights to get a better feel for him, but from what I've seen of him he's a close second. Super technical, rangy, diverse striking arsenal, and always seems like he's thinking two steps ahead of whoever he's fighting.

TJ I'm probably letting my bias affect me, but I've always felt like his striking aesthetics are overrated. Note that I'm not saying his striking is overrated in its effectiveness. He is a demonstrably great and accomplished striker in the sport, EPO or not. But I've just never understood why people get all up in arms about how he's "so awesome to watch" and "art in motion". *shrug* His style just doesn't do anything for me compared to some other guys, I dunno why.

Rob I haven't seen enough of, but what I have seen looks fun. Slick boxing with plenty of power in his hands, along with some nasty kicks to boot.

Rob Font: A boxing guy who favors jabs and straight punches. Never let's his opponent counter him because he never over reaches with his punches. Every combo starts off with the jab. Fundementals is key with this guy. Nothing flashy just crisp, traditional 101 boxing technique. Susceptible to getting pressured.

Cody Garbrandt: A different kind of boxing guy who relies more on power, athleticism and headmovement. Uses traditional technique too, but tends to go away from that to finish the fight. Much more unorthodox in his attack, but like Font, he favors his hands. Susceptible to getting caught in a fire fight.

Cory Sandhagen: One of the more dynamic strikers in the sport today. Uses all 8 limbs to get the job done. Very unpredictable in his attack. Running into one of his limbs could change the whole complexion of the fight. Susceptible to getting grinded down.

TJ Dillashaw: One of the most unique styles in the sport. Also uses his 8 limbs to his advantage, but unlike Sandhagen he doesn't look to one-shot his opponents. TJ's style is very movement (footwork) based and looks to overwhelm his opponents with a high output and has the cardio to make it work. His fast double leg TD is also something to worry about, which makes his standup that more problematic. Susceptible to crisp counters in his wild movements.
you kind of forgot to mention some EPO... which I am inclined to believe helped him be so good....

Cody because of power and speed. Crisp, when he's not stupid.
Cody is crazy because he's clearly champion-caliber at his best and not even top-10-ready at his worst. Hoping he stays in the former mode for the rest of his career

Reactions: MCS
Cody just based on the fight against Cruz.

Tough one, all great. TJ I guess.

That is one of the greatest examples of not getting hit. The robot at the end was epic! Plus it helps that he whooped Cruz in that fight, lol.
Agreed he showed A-level head movement and against one of the best strikers in MMA. If he can get in the same mindset as that fight he will be a massive problem for anyone.

Agreed he showed A-level head movement and against one of the best strikers in MMA. If he can get in the same mindset as that fight he will be a massive problem for anyone.

Problem is he has a cracked chin so when that layer of defense falls he's on the receiving end of kos.

Back