Out of these 4 fighters, who's striking do you enjoy to watch the most?

Who’s striking do you enjoy the most?

• Total voters
Cody because of his speed and explosiveness.

But I really like Sandhagen too, he's so dynamic and technical.

Garbrandt or Sandhagen

Garbrandt looks like a demi-god boxing when he's in the zone and Sandhagen's striking is so diverse and sharp.
The knockouts these guys have scored in their most recent fights are godly.

Rob Font: A boxing guy who favors jabs and straight punches. Never let's his opponent counter him because he never over reaches with his punches. Every combo starts off with the jab. Fundementals is key with this guy. Nothing flashy just crisp, traditional 101 boxing technique. Susceptible to getting pressured.

Cody Garbrandt: A different kind of boxing guy who relies more on power, athleticism and headmovement. Uses traditional technique too, but tends to go away from that to finish the fight. Much more unorthodox in his attack, but like Font, he favors his hands. Susceptible to getting caught in a fire fight.

Cory Sandhagen: One of the more dynamic strikers in the sport today. Uses all 8 limbs to get the job done. Very unpredictable in his attack. Running into one of his limbs could change the whole complexion of the fight. Susceptible to getting grinded down.

TJ Dillashaw: One of the most unique styles in the sport. Also uses his 8 limbs to his advantage, but unlike Sandhagen he doesn't look to one-shot his opponents. TJ's style is very movement (footwork) based and looks to overwhelm his opponents with a high output and has the cardio to make it work. His fast double leg TD is also something to worry about, which makes his standup that more problematic. Susceptible to crisp counters in his wild movements.

Aw man, I love this thread already! I mean, look at these four studs at 135, and how insanely awesome their striking is.

I wasn't too familiar with Rob Font, but I've seen his last five fights and I think he's a complete dark horse in this division, which is probably the best and most exciting division in the UFC right now! As you pointed out, he favors jabs and straights, and never reaches with his punches. He's a tall guy for 135, so that helps tremendously. I'd be tempted to pick him, although all four guys you let us choose from are incredibly fun to watch and each have fantastic striking.

I like Dillashaw's crazy volume too, he's so dynamic, fast, relentless and isn't afraid to take chances. I feel like we haven't seen him in a while, though, so I can't wait to see him back in action, and whether ring rust will be a factor or not (and whether not using EPO has an impact on his cardio).

Sandhagen's knee on Edgar was just a beauty too, and so was his highlight reel KO of Moraes. And Cody, while I'm not a big fan of the character, always brings it and has this berserker mentality where you know either he KO's his opponent violently, or he gets KO'd. Gotta appreciate this kind of intensity, although that's not the best fight IQ out there.

Again, what a gem of a division.

Rob Font: A boxing guy who favors jabs and straight punches. Never let's his opponent counter him because he never over reaches with his punches. Every combo starts off with the jab. Fundementals is key with this guy. Nothing flashy just crisp, traditional 101 boxing technique. Susceptible to getting pressured.

Cody Garbrandt: A different kind of boxing guy who relies more on power, athleticism and headmovement. Uses traditional technique too, but tends to go away from that to finish the fight. Much more unorthodox in his attack, but like Font, he favors his hands. Susceptible to getting caught in a fire fight.

Cory Sandhagen: One of the more dynamic strikers in the sport today. Uses all 8 limbs to get the job done. Very unpredictable in his attack. Running into one of his limbs could change the whole complexion of the fight. Susceptible to getting grinded down.

TJ Dillashaw: One of the most unique styles in the sport. Also uses his 8 limbs to his advantage, but unlike Sandhagen he doesn't look to one-shot his opponents. TJ's style is very movement (footwork) based and looks to overwhelm his opponents with a high output and has the cardio to make it work. His fast double leg TD is also something to worry about, which makes his standup that more problematic. Susceptible to crisp counters in his wild movements.
Nice thread. Added a courtesy poll for you.

For me personally it’s rob font. It’s just so smooth and crisp.

Nice thread. Added a courtesy poll for you.

For me personally it’s rob font. It’s just so smooth and crisp.
Thanks for the poll bud. Awesome.

Font has the kind of style that will give him longevity in the sport. Like Masvidal. Or Bernard Hopkins in Boxing. A smooth technical style seems to be the way to go if you wanna have a long career.

I don't sense things going so well for Cody once his speed and athleticism goes :( like Roy Jones. We'll see

Aw man, I love this thread already! I mean, look at these four studs at 135, and how insanely awesome their striking is.

I wasn't too familiar with Rob Font, but I've seen his last five fights and I think he's a complete dark horse in this division, which is probably the best and most exciting division in the UFC right now! As you pointed out, he favors jabs and straights, and never reaches with his punches. He's a tall guy for 135, so that helps tremendously. I'd be tempted to pick him, although all four guys you let us choose from are incredibly fun to watch and each have fantastic striking.

I like Dillashaw's crazy volume too, he's so dynamic, fast, relentless and isn't afraid to take chances. I feel like we haven't seen him in a while, though, so I can't wait to see him back in action, and whether ring rust will be a factor or not (and whether not using EPO has an impact on his cardio).

Sandhagen's knee on Edgar was just a beauty too, and so was his highlight reel KO of Moraes. And Cody, while I'm not a big fan of the character, always brings it and has this berserker mentality where you know either he KO's his opponent violently, or he gets KO'd. Gotta appreciate this kind of intensity, although that's not the best fight IQ out there.

Again, what a gem of a division.
Cheers man! UFC's BW division is def on fire right now. A true strikers division with guys like Yanez and Omalley coming up too.

Im really interested in the Font/Garbrandt fight.

TJ. His fights will be marked with controversy, any future opponent will trash talk him into the ground, plus he follows the rare pattern of 4 wins, 1 loss, so he is a safe bet. Plus he got married while wearing UFC title belt, how cool is that&

Garbrandt.
Most resembles a world champion level boxer. Beautiful combinations in the pocket, even when getting tuned up.
It is hard to deny his striking is the prettiest to watch out of the four.
Is this a troll job

TJ is the only correct answer

Sandhagen - Most diverse, and IMO outstrikes anyone in the division..
Font - Most technical boxing, badass jab, takes his time, and gots good power
Garbrandt - People saying his boxing is the best are crazy, the guy fights with his hands down, and throws haymakers and sloppy punches. Probably the most athletic though. Willing to exchange in the pocket, and has the most power in the division for sure..
TJ - The Garbrandt KO was super dope, but for the most part TJ is all about volume, throws a good mix of strikes. Least appeasing striker of the 4 to me..

Cody because of power and speed. Crisp, when he's not stupid.

Font. I just enjoy watching him continuously pop guys heads back with the jab, and he's got an underrated kicking game as well.

Honestly Cody. I think his head movement is pure beauty and has some pretty good combinations. If he stays calm during the fight I could see him beating most of the division and maybe holding the belt again.
giphy.gif

Cruz went way too far with his trash talk to the point where Cody just flat out refused to lose control of his emotions and not fight to his full potential. He lets his ego get the better of him in other fights, because for him, what’s the point in winning if you don’t indulge yourself a little bit and swing wildly. He wants to beat people while making mistakes. Needs to work on his mentality because at the highest level to think you can win without being on top of your game is just pure arrogance.

Cruz went way too far with his trash talk to the point where Cody just flat out refused to lose control of his emotions and not fight to his full potential. He lets his ego get the better of him in other fights, because for him, what’s the point in winning if you don’t indulge yourself a little bit and swing wildly. He wants to beat people while making mistakes. Needs to work on his mentality because at the highest level to think you can win without being on top of your game is just pure arrogance.
Interesting breakdown. I think Cody fighting for the title and being a huge underdog was a factor as well. And that it was CRUZ of all people. The man who is known as the TAM killer.

Now that i think of it, Cody had ALOT on the line lmao

Sandhagen - Most diverse, and IMO outstrikes anyone in the division..
Font - Most technical boxing, badass jab, takes his time, and gots good power
Garbrandt - People saying his boxing is the best are crazy, the guy fights with his hands down, and throws haymakers and sloppy punches. Probably the most athletic though. Willing to exchange in the pocket, and has the most power in the division for sure..
TJ - The Garbrandt KO was super dope, but for the most part TJ is all about volume, throws a good mix of strikes. Least appeasing striker of the 4 to me..

Yeah Cody lacks basic boxing fundementals. Once his speed and reflexes goes, he will have a hard fall.

Cory has been stepping his game up recently. And it's getting to where it's top of the lost. But for now it's still Cody. Dude comes for the finish. No matter who gets finished.

Cody
Cory
TJ
Rob

Cody's idiotic defense can't take away from the fact that when it's all clicking, he's got the prettiest boxing/head-movement in the division for me

Cody No Love because he should be a technical boxer but he’s not he’s just fucking chaos and I dig that.

Back