Out of these 4 fighters, who's striking do you enjoy to watch the most?

Who’s striking do you enjoy the most?

• Total voters

13Seconds

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Rob Font: A boxing guy who favors jabs and straight punches. Never let's his opponent counter him because he never over reaches with his punches. Every combo starts off with the jab. Fundementals is key with this guy. Nothing flashy just crisp, traditional 101 boxing technique. Susceptible to getting pressured.

Cody Garbrandt: A different kind of boxing guy who relies more on power, athleticism and headmovement. Uses traditional technique too, but tends to go away from that to finish the fight. Much more unorthodox in his attack, but like Font, he favors his hands. Susceptible to getting caught in a fire fight.

Cory Sandhagen: One of the more dynamic strikers in the sport today. Uses all 8 limbs to get the job done. Very unpredictable in his attack. Running into one of his limbs could change the whole complexion of the fight. Susceptible to getting grinded down.

TJ Dillashaw: One of the most unique styles in the sport. Also uses his 8 limbs to his advantage, but unlike Sandhagen he doesn't look to one-shot his opponents. TJ's style is very movement (footwork) based and looks to overwhelm his opponents with a high output and has the cardio to make it work. His fast double leg TD is also something to worry about, which makes his standup that more problematic. Susceptible to crisp counters in his wild movements.

Last edited:
Probably Sandhagen because there is more to be seen from him and the variables make it more interesting.

Honestly Cody. I think his head movement is pure beauty and has some pretty good combinations. If he stays calm during the fight I could see him beating most of the division and maybe holding the belt again.
giphy.gif

TJ. Great fundamentals, EPO or none guy has great striking.

TJ.

Then Cody.

Then Sandhagen/Font. I actually find Sandhagens style a bit annoying to watch tbh, he is a great striker but his striking is so un aesthetically pleasing to watch. Even his spinning KD of Moraes was unpleasing to watch imo, he doesn't flow with his striking as much as he jolts with it. Super affective, just not my thing.

Cody No Love Garbrandt!! * in Bruce Buffer voice*

I'm riding No Love homies

Rob Font: A boxing guy who favors jabs and straight punches. Never let's his opponent counter him because he never over reaches with his punches. Every combo starts off with the jab. Fundementals is key with this guy. Nothing flashy just crisp, traditional 101 boxing technique. Susceptible to getting pressured.

Cody Garbrandt: A different kind of boxing guy who relies more on power, athleticism and headmovement. Uses traditional technique too, but tends to go away from that to finish the fight. Much more unorthodox in his attack, but like Font, he favors his hands. Susceptible to getting caught in a fire fight.

Cory Sandhagen: One of the more dynamic strikers in the sport today. Uses all 8 limbs to get the job done. Very unpredictable in his attack. Running into one of his limbs could change the whole complexion of the fight. Susceptible to getting grinded down.

TJ Dillashaw: One of the most unique styles in the sport. Also uses his 8 limbs to his advantage, but unlike Sandhagen he doesn't look to one-shot his opponents. TJ's style is very movement (footwork) based and looks to overwhelm his opponents with a high output and has the cardio to make it work. His fast double leg TD is also something to worry about, which makes his standup that more problematic. Susceptible to crisp counters in his wild movements.

Cory
TJ
Font
Garbrant

Cody dominating the first page so far. Didn't expect that. Makes sense though. Dude never been in a boring fight

As much as I don't like him, TJ because of his footwork and attention to detail. He's a joy to watch.

Then it'd be Cody, Cory and Font.

All are great.
Im with this. TJ is a joy to watch over 5 rounds because he always figures his opponent out. He even won late vs Cruz but it was too late.

Even though I don’t like him at all tj is a gift to watch when he’s on. Sandhagen keeps getting better, can’t wait for their fight.

TJ

The Rutten-Ludwig-Dillashaw lineage is fascinating.

Back