Oubaali vs Donaire May 29th PBC Showtime

crazy thing is that looked just like that prime Nonito vs Darchinyan.

Not sure where he goes next. A fight with the Rigo/Casimero could be a great fight, and I bet Nonito feels a lot more confident this time around if he faces him. he could rematch Inoue, and honestly he might look better this time. He could fight Gaballo and take that belt off his hands.
Rigo is still active????

So Inoue will probably beat Donaire again.

Maybe move up and beat the winner of Fulton/Brandon

If Donaire wants to really pull a boss move, he would challenge Rigo to a rematch.

Well the Cas-Rigo winner should fight Naoya, Donaire can go crush Gaballo and then the winners fight each other.

If anyone missed Donaire vs Oubaali

I was wanting Inoue to fight Oubaali, but seeing Donaire get another knockout is definitely not a bad result.

I was wanting Inoue to fight Oubaali, but seeing Donaire get another knockout is definitely not a bad result.

I'm not gonna pretend i'm not a huge Naoya fan so obviously i'm biased, but if Donaire did that to Oubaali then Naoya vs Oubaali would have gone similar or worse.

So happy for Nonito.

The first knockdown was set up by a series of left hooks Nonito landed, WHILE BEING INSIDE OOUBALI'S RANGE

Does this only work if the righty is taller/longer than the southpaw?

I'm not gonna pretend i'm not a huge Naoya fan so obviously i'm biased, but if Donaire did that to Oubaali then Naoya vs Oubaali would have gone similar or worse.

There are levels to this game indeed.

So happy for Nonito.
Yes, of course. Inoue would have ran him over, Oubaali wouldn't have a chance. I only wanted this fight because Oubaali beat his brother in Japan haha. Would make for a good revenge arc.

Donaire is awesome. I think Inoue finishes him if they are to rematch though.

There are levels to this game indeed.

Yeah, i hope Oubaali can recover from this but this is one of those losses that can affect your entire career. Wouldn't be surprised if we don't see Oubaali in a title fight again.

How do you feel about the faceplant after the bell?

Yes, of course. Inoue would have ran him over, Oubaali wouldn't have a chance. I only wanted this fight because Oubaali beat his brother in Japan haha. Would make for a good revenge arc.

Donaire is awesome. I think Inoue finishes him if they are to rematch though.

Yeah i would rather Naoya have got revenge for Takuma but a win over Donaire after this fight would be great for his legacy. He's lost his speed but his power at bantamweight is enough to trouble anyone, even Naoya.

Yeah, i hope Oubaali can recover from this but this is one of those losses that can affect your entire career. Wouldn't be surprised if we don't see Oubaali in a title fight again.

How do you feel about the faceplant after the bell?

It didn’t change what was bound to happen TBH.

Nordine is an old bantamweight. Becoming a legit champ in the US with no promoter nor elite training was a remarkable achievement already. He probably got his only decent purse considering his status last night, and 260k is laughable when compared to those who compete in celebrity farces.

He lost his belt, his 0 and still has little marketing appeal. If he stays in the game he’ll likely become some kind of gatekeeper. His choice, I guess.

The first knockdown was set up by a series of left hooks Nonito landed, WHILE BEING INSIDE OOUBALI'S RANGE

Does this only work if the righty is taller/longer than the southpaw?

Left hook works brilliant vs. a southpaw but you normally need the lead right delivered with venom to close the range to get inside their stance.

Or, in this case, you need the southpaw to fight like a fucking moron & offer himself up on a plate to one of the legit biggest one-shot punchers I've seen below featherweight in my life.

Oubaali fought like a dumb motherfucker & only that "Wait was that the bell?" 2nd knockdown gives me a tiny twinge of regret for saying that... but even then, he'd been twatted 30 seconds previously & thought he could still go to war.

Back