Other than L'n'P, what else could Okami do to Lombard to win?

Okami could jab him all day long or possibly rough him up against the cage, but IMO if he can't/doesn't take Lombard down he's losing this fight.

I don't know, he hasn't showed me anything lately other than getting take downs and inability to finish.

takedowns + inability to finish = the win

especially if you're Okami and you've never been submitted in your entire long MMA career and almost never give up top position once achieved.

Okami is the more technical striker and has a very slick ground game, does anyone remember how close he was to submitting Franklin in their fight with that kimura?

I could see Okami utilizing the gameplan Boetsch tried to use but with more technique and success. I could also see Okami continuously forcing the grappling game until Lombard tires and succumbs to Okami's ground and pound, submission attempts, or dominating to a UD.

Other than getting caught with one of Lombard's haymakers, I don't see Okami losing. That said, it is very likely he does get caught and his chin has seemed suspect... I really like the fight though and I'm only slightly leaning towards Lombard winning.

It seems people don't give Okami credit for dominating a skilled opponent but instead decide the opponent was never skilled at all.

Good test for Lombard. This will tell us where he's at. Though, I think a fight with Costa made more sense - winner of Costa vs Hector would be a top contender, whereas Okami is never getting a title shot again.

I think Yushin has a better shot of outstriking Hector than outgrappling him. Yushin's takedowns mostly come from the clinch, and Hector is a beast in the clinch.

Yushin has very technical jabs though. That's how he beat Nate. I could see him doing the same to Lombard.

Wall n stall, same lame ass fight similar to boetsch and Lombard.

Also didn't someone make this topic except it was about belcher? L o l.

People need to stop using the term lay and pray.

It almost never happens anymore...especially in the UFC.

Ha ha ha yeah back in the days they had some pretty piss poor top work, man I was pissed off during the rashad bonnar fight...

Back