Other than L'n'P, what else could Okami do to Lombard to win?

marksmen

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I dont think Okami has anything else for him. I hope Hector can nulify the takedowns and put Okami away. If Olami wins it wont be as exciting of a fight. Thoughts?

He could use his size to outstrike him as well. Lombard can be tentative and Okami will have a massive reach advantage.

Clinch against the cage, grind him out.

Okami can land his jab from a mile away. He needs to avoid kicking, because Lombard can close the distance and land bombs very quickly. When Lombard rushes in, Okami should cover and clinch, and get the takedown from there. Lombard has the power to stop Okami, but Okami will likely win.

He could use his size to outstrike him as well. Lombard can be tentative and Okami will have a massive reach advantage.

Okami only has a 72 inch reach, Boetsch has a longer reach than that. Palhares has 71.

He could stay on the outside and jab. Don't really think he can utilize the cage nearly as much as he did with Belcher. Lombard does not yield the center that easily.

Jab and press him against the cage and wear him out, then grapple fuck

He can win by top control, cling control or jab-fest. Honestly, he seems to have more ways to win than Lombard, althought the question is if his several ways are more likely to happen than Lombards only.

Just how would Okami laying on his back, holding on to dear life praying for the ref to call a stand up help him win?

such a bad fight for Okami. I dont really see him winning.

Hector is really good at countering off the jab and that has been Okamis biggest weakness.

taking Hector down and keeping him down is going to be really hard too. i can see Okami having spurts of success but Hector is going to stalk him and most likely knock him out.

I am anxious to see who has the strength advantage when they clinch. If Lombard can avoid getting put on the fence and worn down then I think he takes it tko RD 1.

Stick and move as fast as possible. Push Lombard against the fence and try to wear him out

I really don't have muck interest in this fight,If Okani goes on a tear and wins 4 or 5 in a row,whats he gonna offer Silva?nothing.And if Lombard wins,he will be so tentative against Silva it will be a massacre.I'm much more interested in vitor,Weidmann and bisping.

Okami will knock him out! Within 10 seconds...

Nah, i agree with you. Okami will just lay on him all day or Lombard will bombard him. =] Lombard, bombard. Get it? Haha. Funny.

Outstriking him? If Boetch can do it Okami can certainly do it.

I think Lombard can defend the takedown and hold his own in the clinch, he has good judo himself. I'm picking Lombard by KO

It's either a L n P or W n S, not too much he can do outside of that. Lombard might have to jump to reach his chin though.

I dont think Okami has anything else for him. I hope Hector can nulify the takedowns and put Okami away. If Olami wins it wont be as exciting of a fight. Thoughts?

Dirty boxing is the key here for Lombard or else he will get slamed more times than he has fingers and toes by Okami.

Okami only has a 72 inch reach, Boetsch has a longer reach than that. Palhares has 71.

It doesn't always come down to numbers. Roy Nelson has a better jab than Struve.

Okami strikes with his reach and Boetsch generally doesn't. If Okami were in Boetsch's place that night, I think the fight would've looked worse for Lombard.

But Lombard was injured, performed poorly, and this is a whole new fight. He's still going to have to get past a better jab.

Back