Other than L'n'P, what else could Okami do to Lombard to win?

Okami may get a tKO over a gassed Lombard in the third. If Yushin manages to take Hector down, he'll definitely exhaust him. But I don't know, I still have a hard time ranking Lombard correctly, this fight will make it clearer about where he stands.

He could use the Couture gameplan of holding him against the cage and score points or just jab at him over and over again like he did to Marquardt but I don't think he will be capable of doing that to Lombard, he has better striking than Marquardt and is very strong in the clinch due to his Judo background.

Wow what ups with all the Yushin hate? Then again I see it is coming mainly from people with join Okami has been a staple in the MW for years. In fact other than Silva he is the most consistent MW there is. Give the guy some credit and respect here.

He could use the Couture gameplan of holding him against the cage and score points or just jab at him over and over again like he did to Marquardt but I don't think he will be capable of doing that to Lombard, he has better striking than Marquardt and is very strong in the clinch due to his Judo background.

I disagree, Lombard isn't a better striker than Marquardt : he has obviously more power but that's it.

I disagree, Lombard isn't a better striker than Marquardt : he has obviously more power but that's it.

Ok, he is a more dangerous striker, Lombard will do better in the striking against Okami than Marquardt did and I believe that will be because Lombard has more power, better TDD and a much better clinch.

He could use his size to outstrike him as well. Lombard can be tentative and Okami will have a massive reach advantage.

Yep. Hector is 5'8 tops. Everyone besides Paul Harris is going to have a massive reach advantage over him.

The only way okami wins this is if lombard gets dq'd. Lombard is immune to lnp

The bold part is true. As a matter of fact all of it is true but, they're trying to build a contender while Chris is out and if Bisping loses.

Tbh, I really don't want to see this fight because I'm a fan of both guys.

People need to stop using the term lay and pray.

It almost never happens anymore...especially in the UFC.

Some people are saying that Okami could use a strategy of clinch with Hector and put hin against the cage and rough him up etc, however isn't Lombard a high level judoka?? Therefore clinching with him wouldn't be wise for Okami would it?

People need to stop using the term lay and pray.

It almost never happens anymore...especially in the UFC.

Because MMA fans continually need new things to complain about, the definition of the term "lay and pray" has since changed. Now it means anything whereby one fighter holds top position for extended periods of time without submission attempts or punching recklessly, irrespective of anything else he may be doing.

Because MMA fans continually need new things to complain about, the definition of the term "lay and pray" has since changed. Now it means anything whereby one fighter holds top position for extended periods of time without submission attempts or punching recklessly, irrespective of anything else he may be doing.

Argue the semantics of terminology all you want, but some fighters are terribly boring. Everyone has a boring fight at some point, but some guys are boring all the time. And yes, its MMA, so strikers need to drill TDD relentlessly, and it frustrates me when some of them never seem to grow in that area. However, its equally necessary for wrestlers to learn submissions and GnP.

I don't even mind when fighters are boring. I just make a mental note to lower expectations for their fight the next time around. However, I do mind when fighters complain about not having fans, being on the undercard, getting booed, etc. They know the game. MMA is just like any other sport in that regard. You can keep using the same strategy every fight, and winning in a boring way, but don't whine that people find it boring.

Okami could out grapple or out box him. Lombard can only really ko okami for the win. I think lombard striking isnt precise enough to finish okami.

He could dictate Hector with that jab. Buuutt, I wouldn't bank on it.

I don't know, he hasn't showed me anything lately other than getting take downs and inability to finish.

Back