Other than L'n'P, what else could Okami do to Lombard to win?

I really don't understand what they Are thinking. Lombard is a super-exciting guy that they can build for a titlefight, but instead they give him Okami, that probably will beat Lombard In a boring fight...And if Lombard should win, he will definitely look bad(Everyone does against Okami).

I think Okami finally faces a decent grappler who can neutralize and have an answer to his style, I really thought Belcher would be able to knock him out last time but he looked a little off and hesitant, now I'm rooting for Lombard to do the job.

This is a bad fight for Okami but he could jab Hector and win a decision

It's gonna really suck if he loses for a second time in Japan.

First of all if Okami get's him down consistently and wins a Decision, that is not "Lay and Pray". Okami is a methodical fighter and picks his shots rather than going all guns blazing. But aside from a grinding type victory, he could use his jab to keep Hector on the outside.

I have a strong feeling there will be a lot of disappointted ppl once again, just like Belcher fans, when Okami gets his hands raised.

This will probably be one of Okami's best performances displaying his striking, ala Boetsch fight, except without the catastrophic ending. Lombard's a short guy and Okami has reach/height on him... Jab, jab, 1-2, jab, jab, winner.

Last edited:
Throw all 6'2'' of himself at the 5'8'' Lombard? Just a thought.

On a serious note, you're totally underestimating even borderline disrespecting Yushin Okami. You do realize, despite his inability to finish fights due to his tentative nature, he has been a UFC top MW for years on end now despite some hiccups in his record. I'm giving the slight edge to Lombard for heavy hands but like I said, Okami has fought almost every MW on the roster, he is 12-4 in the UFC; 2 decision losses to Sonnen and Franklin, only suffering major losses to Anderson Silva and the Boestch KO.

This is a bad fight for Okami but he could jab Hector and win a decision

Or he can just win the way he usually wins, particularly this time with a significant size advantage.

Okami wins this....and gets no closer to another title shot.

In order to ever get a title shot, Lombard needs to be able to get passed guys like Okami.

I think it's a good matchup.

Get lucky...honestly I think Lombard is simply better than Okami and he should win this fight

On a serious note, you're totally underestimating even borderline disrespecting Yushin Okami.

Okami has always been underrated and disrespected, simply because he doesn't have a highlight reel full of "ooh" and "aah" moments or any memorable stoppages. BUT..... he wins.

This fight sucks and makes no sense. Rather see Lombard fight Costa.

Okami has always been underrated and disrespected, simply because he doesn't have a highlight reel full of "ooh" and "aah" moments or any memorable stoppages. BUT..... he wins.

Exactly. Because he doesn't have a ton of KO's or Subs, people always overlook his skills. He has only ever been outclassed by 2 fighters, Chael Sonnen and Anderson Silva. Even in his other losses, he had some good moments.

This fight sucks and makes no sense. Rather see Lombard fight Costa.

Lombard is on a 1 fight win streak while Okami is on 2, and Costa is on a 5 fight win streak. Costa just beat Tim who just beat Hector, so Lombrd/Costa makes no sense.

Barely beat Hector. Plus Costa/Lombard would be more exciting.

Barely beat Hector. Plus Costa/Lombard would be more exciting.

The bold part is true. As a matter of fact all of it is true but, they're trying to build a contender while Chris is out and if Bisping loses.

Okami will outstrike Lombard for 3 rounds just like Boetsch did.

the Timmeh strategy. jabfest and pushing against the cage when possible.

Back