Social Orthodox Jewish man on airplane covers himself in plastic bags.

CauseImbetta

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...dGWqwHo-L3MUthvf-iGB2z2ax_YO6hSfdJkVb1ZGag9Jo

How come this lunatic didn't get kicked off the plane? I think the case of this nut in plastic goes beyond an inability for him to challenge his beliefs based on new evidence. It’s also an inability to think critically and rationally.

- There exists a “taharah, purity” (no evidence for that)
- Flying over a cemetery compromise that purity (no evidence for that)
- Wrapping a thin layer of plastic around you will protect your purity, where the fuselage of the plane (many times thicker than plastic wrap) somehow fails to protect you.

A glaring example of what happens when we let our cognitive biases run amok. Welcome to religion.

Did it hurt anyone? No? Then I have no problem with it.

It makes him feel better and like he's being faithful to his religion and God. That's a pretty huge freedom to take away just because it looks silly or makes us uncomfortable.

And he's not presenting it as a scientific position, although you are welcome to present some scientific proof that flying over graveyards doesn't disturb the spirits of the dead or entail a moral sin.

I saw that on a plane once. I just asked the guy why he did that, and he exclaimed that many orthodox jews and other sects believe in the impurity of proximity to cemeteries. I was like "Oh", and went back to my seat. Weird, but it didn't effect me, other than when he turned over in his sleep, and it sounded like someone opening 40 potato chip bags.

Why the war room?
Religion even though religious threads got the boot to Mayberry a couple years ago.

If this was a Hasidic Orthodox Jew I'm amazed he would even be on a plane.

putting yourself in a plastic bag is not quite blowing up a plane. TS should be on a watch list

Jews do make for some of the best comedians.

I saw that on a plane once. I just asked the guy why he did that, and he exclaimed that many orthodox jews and other sects believe in the impurity of proximity to cemeteries. I was like "Oh", and went back to my seat. Weird, but it didn't effect me, other than when he turned over in his sleep, and it sounded like someone opening 40 potato chip bags.
God, if that was on a long flight of over like 3 hours that'd drive me batshit.

Jews, airplane etiquette, pseudoscience, religion

I'll allow the topic, for sure. I just don't agree with the opinion on it.
giphy.gif

It's a shame that in 2019 some people still have a problem with hermetic Jews.

God, if that was on a long flight of over like 3 hours that'd drive me batshit.

It only happened once. I think he went into hibernation, as when the flight was over, they folded him with his bag, and I saw them checking him in the airport from a dry cleaning rack. All worked out.

why cant you just surround yourself with air molecules

why cant you just surround yourself with air molecules

Because God can't see past woven fabrics placed upon your head, or plastic bags. Shoes? Right through those shit. Clothes? No barrier there. Richard Kuklinski showed us that pretty convincingly.

Religion even though religious threads got the boot to Mayberry a couple years ago.

If this was a Hasidic Orthodox Jew I'm amazed he would even be on a plane.

Don't they fly a lot? I've seen large groups of them at airports many times.

What really got my attention was that they have these fancy hat-shaped suitcases for their hats (not sure the actual name). Looked like similar construction as a musical instrument case.

Sorry, none of this is really relevant but it just reminded me of the hat cases.

My mother prohibited me from putting plastic bags over my face and body when I was an infant. I understand jew on plane man.

Back