Social Orthodox Jewish man on airplane covers himself in plastic bags.

Don't they fly a lot? I've seen large groups of them at airports many times.

What really got my attention was that they have these fancy hat-shaped suitcases for their hats (not sure the actual name). Looked like similar construction as a musical instrument case.

Sorry, none of this is really relevant but it just reminded me of the hat cases.
I admittedly have never been East of the Mississippi save for a 2 hour layover in Chicago on my way to Minneapolis so the amount of Hasidic Jews I've seen are the ones that are in the movie Snatch and that's about it.

I always thought they were kinda like the Amish/Quakers in the sense they didn't do almost anything with the modern world.

I recall this story from years back.

I saw some comments from people (on some news sites) wondering how he would tie the bag since his hands would be inside ; they didn't realize you can tie the bag into a knot on the inside.

Last edited:
And he's not presenting it as a scientific position, although you are welcome to present some scientific proof that flying over graveyards doesn't disturb the spirits of the dead or entail a moral sin.

{<hhh]

One of the all time best thread titles?

Lol how does a bag help? You're still flying over cemeteries derp

kE4kNU0.jpg

Lol how does a bag help? You're still flying over cemeteries derp
The same way a MOPP suit is designed to protect against chemical weapons or GoreTex protects against moisture... another layer to keep shit off your body.

Lol I really don’t see a major problem here. Weird but I’ll allow it

The same way a MOPP suit is designed to protect against chemical weapons or GoreTex protects against moisture... another layer to keep shit off your body.

Yeah, them spirit molecules can by pass the jet wave of the motion and the metal of the plane body -- but that plastic bag, thats the real security

Any time I see these people flying with or without their family(12 children) they always act odd.

So how do you tell if he's sleeping or his brain is low on oxygen in there?

Filing this under weird but doesn't negatively impact anyone so go ahead

That is bizarre. I've been told about this but have never seen it.

As ridiculous as it is... who the fuck cares?

Back