Only 13 Flyweights remain

Keep the division or kill it

• Total voters
Cejudo beating TJ then TJ popping means they HAVE to keep Flyweight. Having the sitting champ of the division beating the guy generally considered to be one of the GOATs, then beating the guy that holds the belt at the weight above who was sent down to close the show... As long as Cejudo wins, and pushes to defend his belt at 125 . . . It's gonna be hard to kill it off.

I have a strong feeling Marlon is going to DESTROY Henry and that will be the nail in the coffin.
How? If anything it will prove that is necessary if it happens.

TJ was #1 at 135 and went down and faced Cejudo who had a split decision with the #1 guy and got destroyed in 30 seconds. Proving that just because he is the best in the higher division, it doesn't mean that he can beat the smaller fighters in their own division.

If Cejudo now moves up and loses to #2 guy in 135 after beating the #1 in 125 then it means that Cejudo is not as efficient at 135 as he was at 125. Essentially proving that weight does ideed matter and neither TJ was at 100% on 125 or he was at 100% on 135. Which means that all the 125ers who move up won't be fighting at 100% of their capabilites giving away that weight advantage.

If Cejudo wins though, and says that he doesn't mind defending the 135 belt from now on. Then all those 125ers that remain will be essentially fighting for the #2 place at 125. So it's a pointless division and they might as well move up because the real king of both divisions is Cejudo and he will only be fighting at 135.

If Cejudo really wanted to save the 125 division he would have nver accpeted this fight at 135. If he wins, it can kill it.

Kill women's 145, kill flyweight, bring in women's atomweight and male cruiserweight.
I like the idea but CW would weaken LHW and HW. Although, with all the best fighters in one organization, UFC would have enough guys to make it happen.

Keep but pay them by the inch and put them on the prelims.

Striking only.

And Herb Dean is allowed to slam them between rounds.

I'd hate to see people those their jobs simply because they are physically small

They have other options. I hear there is a very good horse in search of a jockey.

tmg-article_default_mobile.jpg

How about all 13 Flyweights have to fight Ngannou, DC, Stipe and Derrick Lewis all at the same time. 13 vs 4.

That would be a hell of a PPV
Comain Event Cris Cyborg vs Cody Garbrandt
Talk about a mismatch. You can't expect Ngannou, DC, Stipe and Lewis to compete with a gold medalist.

I was originally for keeping it, but their plan to slowly kill the division off and have it fade away is working on me because I find myself saying "what's the point now? Just get rid of it, or don't, make up your mind"

If Cejudo really wanted to save the 125 division he would have never accepted this fight at 135. If he wins, it can kill it.
I think Cejudo's "save the division" narrative was an organic response to TJ's "kill the division" comment. I get that Cejudo is a 25er, so saving the division keeps him employed, but I believe it was more of a selling/motivation point. Quite honestly, there was no better way to market that fight.

Back