One thing I always wondered; What do you tell your kids when the Bad guy wins?

CarbonIsotope**

Green Belt
Reaction score
Im not going to name names since talking about Specific peoples kids are crossing the line.

But, during the countdown show you could see one fighter asking their kids "Whos the bad guy??" And the kids responsing "(insert opponents name)" and then "Whos the good guy" And the kid respond "you are dad" and then "what is the good guy doing to to" and them responding "Win!" etc..

But what happends when the father gets home and got his ass whopped by the bad guy and the kids come running "did you win dad?"

Wha do you tell

These are not cartoons, there's no real good and bad guys.

That this isn't WWE and there is no good or bad guy?

200.gif

The working man is the sucker and Mickey Mantle won't pay my rent

My son is 10, he's a Jones fan, I'm not. A good parent explains that there is no good vs bad in MMA, and let's them decide who to root for. He def rubbed the win in my face last night and now I have to take him to the store to pick out whatever he wants....oh well

Go Cowboys!

The working man is the sucker and Mickey Mantle won't pay my rent

Haha. Good lesson.

Making things about good vs bad is an example of a psychological issue known as "splitting," where people either really like someone or hate them, instead of realizing most people are in the grey area. It's a big problem with personality disorders. If you think someone is "bad," you devalue their life. If you think someone is good, you place them on a pedestal, and make it easy for them to disappoint you and become "bad." I have that problem, so I know.

tell your dumb kid that real life isn't some fairy tale

tell your dumb kid that real life isn't some fairy tale

Normally I'm all for normal sherdog antics, but calling someone's kid dumb is just an asshole move. Please leave and never come back if you don't apologize to the TS.

My son is 10, he's a Jones fan, I'm not. A good parent explains that there is no good vs bad in MMA, and let's them decide who to root for. He def rubbed the win in my face last night and now I have to take him to the store to pick out whatever he wants....oh well

Go Cowboys!

You're a good dad though to take it on the chin good natured and enjoying his sport with your kid. Cheers

I look into my newborns eyes and say "don't be scared homie"

Normally I blame it on the commies.

01.jpg

These are not cartoons, there's no real good and bad guys.

But when you make your kid Say the opponent is the Bad guy and You're the Good guy. And then you lose. It makes you a Liar if you suddenly say "theres no good or bad guys" after that...

What do you mean by bad. Just because I don't like Jones doesn't mean he is the bad guy. If you want a bad guy WWE is that way>>>>>>>>

DC didn't win, though.

One more, for the good guys!

They are both good guys because they did their jobs well and entertained me, last night.

Back