One thing I always wondered; What do you tell your kids when the Bad guy wins?

Most of the time, bad guys win, son. In fact they win so much, they run the world, mah boy.

Last edited:
You're a good dad though to take it on the chin good natured and enjoying his sport with your kid. Cheers

I have to avoid the Jones fights in the future, that dude is just too good to lose. Honestly, I see him taking out Gus and Rumble without issue. I hate when a fighter I don't like is simply that good. Don't really see any up and comers either.

he did say during the marquet fight. "Do they still get paid when they fight like this?"

Welcome to life and its disappointments.

But when you make your kid Say the opponent is the Bad guy and You're the Good guy. And then you lose. It makes you a Liar if you suddenly say "theres no good or bad guys" after that...

No.

If it was a lie, you're already a liar. Dispensing with the good/bad guy talk, at that point, is simply coming clean about it.

These are not cartoons, there's no real good and bad guys.

I dunno why some fighter dad would tell his kid he's fighting a bad guy. Bad way to go from the get go. Kid should understand you are an athlete. Not think your opponents are Juggernaut or Soloman Grundy. However if this poster means to say that In the real world there are no bad guys or good guys, then I dunno what planet he/she is from.

I tell ems don't worry be happy and do a little dance.

2hzu9fs.jpg

I wouldn't want my kids (that I don't have) to root for a sore winner like Jones. I'd want to instill good sportsmanship and class in my kids. GSP is/was a good role model - works his ass off, gives credit where credit is due, and can tell it like it is without talking shit.

But when you make your kid Say the opponent is the Bad guy and You're the Good guy. And then you lose. It makes you a Liar if you suddenly say "theres no good or bad guys" after that...

So you're a liar. I feel like you think there is a question here when there isn't.

You just tell them not everyone is a good person. That's life.

In the real world and bad guys win most of the time.

be honest with your kids.

Your son is the Jones fan and youre not?

Looks like hes more mature lol

Your son is the Jones fan and youre not?

Looks like hes more mature lol

Haha. Maybe. He says that Jones is a REAL champ, which I agree. His logic when I asked him why he thought that was, "he never has a bad fight, they are all fun to watch". Guess I can't disagree with that....but I'd still like to see him get beat.

Bad guy vs good guy might be a little extreme when it comes to MMA.
Can "bad guys" exist? Of course(Hitler, Osama, sociopaths, liars, etc).
Those kinds if people do bad things.

Idk what word to use to describe Jones, but he's just more of a shitty person. Not the kind of guy I would want as a role model for my kid. He may have the athleticism & skills of greats like GSP & A.Silva, but he definitely lacks their good characteristics. (Think maturity)
Chalk it up to being a young champ, which makes it more likely to lack things like humility, empathy, sportsmanship, & instead is the kind of guy(kid) to have unbridled pride, hubris, snark, sarcasm, anger, & resentment.

Does that make him bad? Probably not. But it does it make him a prime candidate for a lot of resentment from the public.
For being the GOAT, the guy has a lot of anger & hostility, a guy who feels he still has something to prove despite having done so already. There's no doubt the guy could use some therapy and self-analysis.
Anyways, my point is, he may not be the good natured fighter that Silva is, GSP is, Cain, Weidman, etc are, (in fact, he can be grouped in w/ the angry-rough around the edges group of fighters like Ronda, Chael, & Brock) but does it make him the Bad Guy?
I don't think so.
I think it just makes him a troubled guy w/ a lot of issues like the rest of us.

Last edited:
Life's no fairy tale.

Back