One question for Ronda haters/critics about her competition.

If she fights cyborg, nobody will ever be able to criticize her for not fighting cyborg. I do not fault her for fighting the competition she does, but I will fault her if she never fights the only other great fighter of her generation.

So will you criticize Aldo if he doesn't move to 155, what about Jones if he doesn't go up to HW?

A better analogy is if the patriots were ducking the Seahawks while only playing college teams.

Poor analogy cause if they were playing college teams they woudn't be playing the best in their leauge.

Its the QUALITY of the competition she is fighting from a technical stand point. Ronda doesn't have the greatest skillset in mma, but her record tells a different story. Its more how terrible her competition is than how great she is.

Jones, for instance has a more well rounded and higher level skillset than ronda, but he isn't beating all of his opponents in under a minute because there is less of a technical skill gap between him and his opponents.

Its not her fault, but it does detract from her legacy.

Apples and oranges 135lbers fight 135lbers heavyweights fight 207 to 266. Nice fail!

Ronda doesn't have to stay at 135, and fedor didn't have to sign to fight anybody bigger than him.

Jeju-665x400.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeanette_Lee_(pool_player)

As a pool player myself, let me tell you that she is not even the best female player. She just gets a bigger push because she is attractive. There are many great female pool players tho. It is an ageless and genderless game.

Exactly. There was a larger talent pool, yet he was still fighting guys who were nowhere near his level, apart from a few.

If Ronda fights Cristiane and beats her, then what? Will that further be

Ronda doesn't have to stay at 135, and fedor didn't have to sign to fight anybody bigger than him.

Fedor signed to be a HW fighter meaning he is agreeing to the 207 to 266 weight limit,, and Ronda doesn't have to go outside of 135 to please a sherdogger either. Just like Tom Brady doesn't need to now start kicking field goals or some stupid shit to be one of the best QB'S ever

Lol i think the beef with most is that she is ranked alongside men... she is #4 on the p4p list for goodness sakes... she is literally shoved above dillashaw... seriously, let that sink in... keep in mind they both fight at 35

The ufc is literally telling us that ronda had the advantage over tj.... ive heard of hyping a fighter, but come on...

No because their divisions are not lacking in competition.

So Ronda fighting everybody she is supposed to fight is worth criticizing because by her non fault her competition is not the same as men. You sound intelligent!

Yeah but they don't sneak a women's hockey match in between Stanley cup games lol. We have to pay the same price to watch sub par fights mixed in

Fedor signed to be a HW fighter meaning he is agreeing to the 207 to 266 weight limit,, and Ronda doesn't have to go outside of 135 to please a sherdogger either. Just like Tom Brady doesn't need to now start kicking field goals or some stupid shit to be one of the best QB'S ever

Yes, fedor agreed to fight anybody, Ronda did not.

Most are just tired of the UFC making it seem as though she's some superhuman martial artist that's destroying world class athletes when they are actually soccer moms or have the skillset of an everyday soccer mom.

Soccer moms? You're totally right bro. These White Knight pussies don't know about REAL competition.

You know...like Tito Ortiz defending the LHW title against worldbeaters like Yuki Kondo and Elvis Sinosoc, and a washed up Shamrock and 40 year old Vladmir....Worlbeaters YO

giphy.gif

Ronda has only fought strippers and soccer moms man.

Look here is the stripper in action, I think they call her Cat...couldn't hurt a fly:
giphy.gif

And that girl Sarah McMann, she's a mom. She used to do athletic things, like the Olympics and got a Silver Medal, but the Olympics are so overrated, we had an Olympics day at my high school and I totally kicked ass

sara-mcmann-olympic-silver-medal.jpg

Meisha Tate, dude, she's just a highschool wrestler, she had her first MMA fight 8 years ago so she's super green off the streets, and she got lucky winning the Strikeforce woman's title beating a little known girl in Marloes Coenen (22-6). They call her "Cupcake" for a reason
200w.gif

Overall Rondas competition just doesn't stack up:

Total win/loss(win percentage) for Cyborg's opponents: 124-44(.738)

Total win/loss(win percentage) for Jon Jones' first 12 opponents: 77-22(.778)

Total win/loss(win percentage) for Rousey's 12 opponents: 102-17(.857)

And the Men's technique is head and shoulders above these chicks:

12-Daniel-Cormier-vs.-Frank-Mir-1.gif

06dtsnr1as9r.gif

Yeah but they don't sneak a women's hockey match in between Stanley cup games lol. We have to pay the same price to watch sub par fights mixed in

I used to think this way but it is wrong, rhonda proves that the casuals like wmma (well atleast rhonda) more than mma. So in reality the stanley cup would be the rhonda fight.

As to the OP, Rhonda herself compares herself favourably to males and other ignorant people do. The UFC hype now goes along with it, its good for business.

Yes, fedor agreed to fight anybody, Ronda did not.

Ronda has agreed to fight in her division that she fights in just like Fedor in fact she has agreed to fight Cyborg just doesn't feel as a champion she has to reward a juicer. Get over it hater

But can you tell me why you downplay Ronda and her competition by comparing them to men`s MMA when Ronda is a woman fighting other women, not a man fighting women?

I didn't downplay anything.
I noted she has been training since she's a child, which is true.

I also noted most women did not start the same way. And definitely most women did not have her upbringing.

That brought her ahead of WMMA's time. Simple as that.

Then again, I also noted she is not willing to test herself.
For instance, fighting @ ADCC (since she said she could beat any BJJ women in a BJJ competition, Gi or no-gi), or at Kickboxing like Cyborg did by fighting Baars.

I give more props for Justino for trying and failing, than for Ronda for speaking and immediately shutting down proving what she said.:redface:

Soccer moms? You're totally right bro. These White Knight pussies don't know about REAL competition.

You know...like Tito Ortiz defending the LHW title against worldbeaters like Yuki Kondo and Elvis Sinosoc, and a washed up Shamrock and 40 year old Vladmir....Worlbeaters YO

I didn't watch UFC back than but was tito ortiz hailed as a mythical creature that we all should be thankful we have the pleasure of witnessing.

As people have stated its like royce fighting. But rhonda's popularity will help get other women to comepete.

Even the Men's divisions doesnt draw the best athletes, but slowly as UFC gains popularity we are getting better fighters.

Ronda has only fought strippers and soccer moms man.

Look here is the stripper in action, I think they call her Cat...couldn't hurt a fly:

And that girl Sarah McMann, she's a mom. She used to do athletic things, like the Olympics and got a Silver Medal, but the Olympics are so overrated, we had an Olympics day at my high school and I totally kicked ass

Meisha Tate, dude, she's just a highschool wrestler, she had her first MMA fight 8 years ago so she's super green off the streets, and she got lucky winning the Strikeforce woman's title beating a little known girl in Marloes Coenen (22-6). They call her "Cupcake" for a reason
200w.gif

]

I have supported Ronda this whole thread but even I know this is silly. I could post gifs of women in the 69 position and make your arguement look silly. Please tell me who is the 135 lb female Chad Mendes, Frankie Edgar the 135lb female Rory Macdonald or Luke Rockhold. Ronda should not be criticized for not fighting Cyborg or her divisions competition but lets not act like the women are on par with men. Meisha is the #2 Womens BW and she is tough and griddy but technically very sloppy

Ok 2 things. Rousey might have experience in judo but she is still a rookie in mma. 2 you said when there is competition she shy's away from it. Please tell me what girl at 135lbs she has refused to fight. She has beat and smoked all the best girls in her weight class and no cyborg does not count. No matter what people say you can't say someone is shying away from a fight when it's not in there weight class. It's like people saying GSP was ducking Silva he was 170 not 185 so again since your saying stupid comments please name a 135lb female mma fighter Rousey is shying away from.

LOL why are you so insecure, making stipulations on what I can or cannot say?

ROnda fought at 155 in Judo.
Ronda is unbeaten at 145.
ROnda left 145 saying she was not worthy of fighting Cyborg.
Ronda claims she can beat Cyborg at any weight. then why not prove it?

But I go beyond this sport.
As I just noted, Cyborg tried her hand at kickboxing, fighting Baars.
Ronda said she could beat any BJJ practitioner at any BJJ competition, open weight, gi or no-gi. But when asked if she would prove it, she backed out immediately.

I would respect her more if she tried and failed, rather than fighting competition she knows is unworthy of her.
A pity a legion of whiteknights are too happy sauing her beating Bethe, instead of elevating herself and fighting true competition....

Back