One question for Ronda haters/critics about her competition.

I didn't downplay anything.
I noted she has been training since she's a child, which is true.

I also noted most women did not start the same way. And definitely most women did not have her upbringing.

That brought her ahead of WMMA's time. Simple as that.

Then again, I also noted she is not willing to test herself.
For instance, fighting @ ADCC (since she said she could beat any BJJ women in a BJJ competition, Gi or no-gi), or at Kickboxing like Cyborg did by fighting Baars.

I give more props for Justino for trying and failing, than for Ronda for speaking and immediately shutting down proving what she said.:redface:
So your criticizing Ronda for not being a Bj Penn or Donald Cerrone, well in that case the whole UFC roster is full of pussies

Ronda has agreed to fight in her division that she fights in just like Fedor in fact she has agreed to fight Cyborg just doesn't feel as a champion she has to reward a juicer. Get over it hater

Yes, fedor will fight anybody, Ronda will not.

Yes, fedor will fight anybody, Ronda will not.

Fedor ducked Ubereem for years and ducked the UFC in favor of Strikeforce and ended up getting his ass handed to him. I hope he finally decides to man up and come to the UFC

LOL why are you so insecure, making stipulations on what I can or cannot say?

ROnda fought at 155 in Judo.
Ronda is unbeaten at 145.
ROnda left 145 saying she was not worthy of fighting Cyborg.
Ronda claims she can beat Cyborg at any weight. then why not prove it?

But I go beyond this sport.
As I just noted, Cyborg tried her hand at kickboxing, fighting Baars.
Ronda said she could beat any BJJ practitioner at any BJJ competition, open weight, gi or no-gi. But when asked if she would prove it, she backed out immediately.

I would respect her more if she tried and failed, rather than fighting competition she knows is unworthy of her.
A pity a legion of whiteknights are too happy sauing her beating Bethe, instead of elevating herself and fighting true competition....
This is not Judo, she has been at 135 since entering the UFC, she has fought the best in her division. Rousey has always tested clean Cyborg has not, and please tell me this wonderful competition Cyborg is beating in mma. As a 135lb mma fighter she is responsible to fight the best 135lb female mma fighters period. Your arguement ends there you can spout out emotional arguements but factual you have lost. True or false as the 135 BW champ you are responsible to defend against the best 135lb BW fighters.
Again she has competition, if Ronda was a decision machine or getting late stoppages you would be talking about how great she is but because she smokes everyone you blame it on competition. Everyone that dominates thats what fans say. P.S. Ronda smokes Cyborg in minutes or less and I am not even sure Cyborg gets the W vs other girls Ronda has beat at 135. You can say whatever you want to say but your arguement is opinion not fact. When you can tell me a 135lb ranked female Bw Rousey has not beaten or refused to fight you can have a valid arguement until then you are just talking nonsense

Last edited:
Fedor ducked Ubereem for years and ducked the UFC in favor of Strikeforce and ended up getting his ass handed to him. I hope he finally decides to man up and come to the UFC

Do you even know what you are typing? The current UFC heavyweight champion is from Strikeforce.

Is Ronda not a woman fighting other women? Why do you compare Ronda or her opponents to male fighters? I dont know any other sport where female athletes achievements are being downplayed because male side of sport is on a higher level.

You haters are acting like Ronda has some unfair advantage over her opponents which would make her achievements less impressive. But she doesnt have any unfair advantage, you do realize that? She might be more talented or harder worker than others, but since when has that been something to hold against any fighter? Again, she is a woman, fighting in women`s sport. The fact that she is so dominant in her division IS 100% BECAUSE OF HER OWN MERIT.

Oh I dunno...let's take a look at some of them...after all they were so skilled they managed to last long enough to fit in a gif format;

859326298.gif

LOL...what the fuck was the game plan there? Impress Ronda with your ability to do absolutely nothing, allow yourself to get clinched and offer zero fucking resistance as you get smashed in the for head?

When the best game plan all of her opponents can come up with after months of prep is rushing forward while throwing the worst possible flying knee that doesn't land anywhere even remotely close to it's intended target...

"wouldn't change a thing..."

"didn't think she would take my arm..."

ufc184rondacatwm.gif

When you watch the latest challenger struggle to fucking jump on the spot...

VelvetyBelatedBellsnake.gif

images%2Farticle%2F2015%2F08%2F02%2Fronda%2Bko%2Bgif.gif

Uhm...should I be fucking impressed?

Ronda is what I would call a side show freak. And once she retires, you are going to see the interest in WMMA nose dive as their is absolutely nobody to take her place.

Wanna know what the most impressive thing I've seen about WMMA so far?

2jb43fd.gif

(hope you've enjoyed this post, it cost suckers 180 bucks of ppv...lol)

Last edited:
The level of competition for Ronda is just weak and there's no debate for it whatsoever. The fact that the skill level of her opponents keep diminishing with each fight is a testament to that.

The men's heavyweight division is shallow. It's the least technically proficient male division. Top to bottom lacks parity. It's also maybe the most popular. I don't see 10 threads a day calling it out Werdum for the division's weakness.

I don't recall fedor ever hiding behind a weight class. Fighters can't duck fight promoters. That's just stupid.

The men's heavyweight division is shallow. It's the least technically proficient male division. Top to bottom lacks parity. It's also maybe the most popular. I don't see 10 threads a day calling it out Werdum for the division's weakness.

You are an idiot...

I don't recall fedor ever hiding behind a weight class. Fighters can't duck fight promoters. That's just stupid.

Fedor ducked Ubereem, it was well chronicled at the time and Overeem recently discussed it again here:
http://www.aroundtheoctagon.com/alistair-overeem-claims-fedor-ducked-him-in-strikeforce-94557/

And ABSOLUTELY it's Fedor's call if he wanted to come to the UFC. He ducked the UFC then and we'll see if he ducks them now. Fedor thought it was easy pickings in Strikeforce, little did Fedor know he would lose anyway, getting pounded out by Bigfoot, getting knocked out by a blown up MW and falling for Werdums tricks.

I'm a fan of Fedor but if he ducks the UFC again and chooses Bellator where there is literally nobody of note at HW worth fighting, he is going to significantly damage his legacy

Much larger talent pool than wmma. He also didn't refuse to fight people ten pounds bigger.

He refused to fight Overeem outright
He refused to fight Bob Sapp...

Sure the weight difference was a lot bigger, but they were both fighting in his division.. He agreed to fight Hong Man Choi, who is about the same weight as Sapp... are you saying that Fedor was scarred of Bob Sapp and Overeem and ran from them?

Go on, either admit it or label yourself a hypocrite

Fedor ducked Ubereem, it was well chronicled at the time and Overeem recently discussed it again here:
http://www.aroundtheoctagon.com/alistair-overeem-claims-fedor-ducked-him-in-strikeforce-94557/

And ABSOLUTELY it's Fedor's call if he wanted to come to the UFC. He ducked the UFC then and we'll see if he ducks them now. Fedor thought it was easy pickings in Strikeforce, little did Fedor know he would lose anyway, getting pounded out by Bigfoot, getting knocked out by a blown up MW and falling for Werdums tricks.

I'm a fan of Fedor but if he ducks the UFC again and chooses Bellator where there is literally nobody of note at HW worth fighting, he is going to significantly damage his legacy

Well as I said, you can't duck a fight promoter, that's just stupid. All that matters is the fighters, and it turned out that the fight promotion he joined actually had better fighters.

Let me know when Ronda fights someone that will be remembered in ten years.

He refused to fight Overeem outright
He refused to fight Bob Sapp...

Sure the weight difference was a lot bigger, but they were both fighting in his division.. He agreed to fight Hong Man Choi, who is about the same weight as Sapp... are you saying that Fedor was scarred of Bob Sapp and Overeem and ran from them?

Go on, either admit it or label yourself a hypocrite

Source on him turning down those fights?

Source on him turning down those fights?

You literally just replied to the person who provided the source, before replying to me? Are you doing what every Ronda hater does and pretend you didn't see the sources while talking to someone else? Thats just sad

As far as Sapp fight goes, its a little hard to find because MMA journalism was virtually non existent in PrideFC, but Joe Rogan talked about it here:

Take that as you wish, but Rogan is a pretty big Fedor fan

Is Ronda not a woman fighting other women?/QUOTE]
Yes she is.

Why do you compare Ronda or her opponents to male fighters?
Because I feel she is constantly talking about beating male athletes, and her fans won't stop about her being great. You have to compare her to other mma fighters if you want to put her on an alltime great list with other male fighters.

I dont know any other sport where female athletes achievements are being downplayed because male side of sport is on a higher level.
nearly every sport. the wnba is considered a joke compared to the nba

You haters are acting like Ronda has some unfair advantage over her opponents which would make her achievements less impressive. But she doesnt have any unfair advantage, you do realize that?
I don't down play her accomplishments, but then again I don't discredit Cyborgs.

She might be more talented or harder worker than others, but since when has that been something to hold against any fighter? Again, she is a woman, fighting in women`s sport. The fact that she is so dominant in her division IS 100% BECAUSE OF HER OWN MERIT.
agreed

Back