One of the keys to being good volume puncher

Anderson fought WAY looser. Conor often gets stuck just going forward and backward as well. Anderson didn't
Maybe. I'd have to go back over the footage

they were both pretty loose

a lot of Conor's comes from his posture / posterior chain work..so he's prob on another level in that sense for mma.

giphy.gif

a lot of Conor's comes from his posture / posterior chain work..so he's prob on another level in that sense for mma.

Anderson is definitely way looser in his posture. Thats why the guy has the best head movement in MMA history

sonnen-whoops.gif

bdFLUGk.gif

tumblr_inline_mq8aaeCe3G1qz4rgp.gif

anderson+silva+forrest+griffin+knockout.gif

65zz40.gif

No one fights looser and more relaxed then Anderson does/did. Conor's upper body can be a little stiff, which is why he uses forward/backward movement and kicks to control distance and avoid strikes more then head movement, and doesn't look as comfortable in tight exchanges

Anderson is definitely way looser in his posture. Thats why the guy has the best head movement in MMA history

sonnen-whoops.gif

bdFLUGk.gif

65zz40.gif

No one fights looser and more relaxed then Anderson does/did. Conor's upper body can be a little stiff, which is why he uses forward/backward movement and kicks to control distance and avoid strikes more then head movement, and doesn't look as comfortable in tight exchanges
posture isn't about looseness. Just a neutral spine really. Hanging exercises contribute to stretching the spine as well. Conor's looseness is mostly In his lower kinetic chain. In that sense, he's probably ahead of everyone In MMA from what I can tell.

I agree with what you said though. They're both just loose In different ways.
4b1c498dcaef8e459c3a0079280627a3.gif

Peak anderson's head movement was definitely Impressive. Though to be fair, It is worth noting the boxing / striking level of the people he fought throughout his career.

sonnen-whoops.gif

bdFLUGk.gif

65zz40.gif

not sure posture does all that much for head movement. At least for me It hasn't changed much. Does a lot for movement / balance though.

Think It's just something that needs to be trained, drilled, creating those neural pathways etc

posture isn't about looseness. Just a neutral spine really. Hanging exercises contribute to stretching the spine as well. Conor's looseness is mostly In his lower kinetic chain. In that sense, he's probably ahead of everyone In MMA from what I can tell.

I agree with what you said though. They're both just loose In different ways.
4b1c498dcaef8e459c3a0079280627a3.gif

Peak anderson's head movement was definitely Impressive. Though to be fair, It is worth noting the boxing / striking level of the people he fought throughout his career.

I would like to see more lateral movement and pivots (he did have a really nice one against Floyd that i would like to see more in MMA) in Conor's before saying his lower kinetic chain "looseness" is ahead of Andersons. Anderson floats around the ring in all directions effortlessly. Conor can sometimes get stuck on rails with his forward and backward movement

not sure posture does all that much for head movement. At least for me It hasn't changed much. Does a lot for movement / balance though.

Think It's just something that needs to be trained, drilled, creating those neural pathways etc

A more relaxed and loose posture definitely helps head movement

Diaz's "key" is their chins. Neither one of them were ever KO fighters. If they had even average chins they would've been nothing.

sonnen-whoops.gif

bdFLUGk.gif

65zz40.gif

Yea Anderson Silva is very loose, but he fucks up by always having his hands low, and taking unnecessary shots sometimes. If he didnt have a good chin he'd would be getting ko'd stiff. Jorge Masvidal is also very good at alluding punches, and for the most part always keeps his hands up

Its called not sitting on your punches. Its like working a speed bag with someones face. Personally id rather make my punches do severe damage but if it works for you, then do it.

Just study Lomachenko. He is the best right now.

Back