One legged jump rope?

bigdoggg

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
What do you think about them.. and if you do normal jump rope how many do you do each session, i do about 500 or more every other day..

Do them in rounds, don't bother counting unless you're doing a specific drill.

I count mine (in rounds), but it's just because it helps me keep focused better. When I stop counting I fuck up and either don't jump fast enough, or don't swing the rope around fast enough. I dunno, maybe I'm weird.

I tried one legged jump roping last week and couldn't do it for very long.

If you're going to jump one-legged without alternating (i.e. rythmic run-skipping) then I suggest jumping with appropriate shoes on, on a cushioning surface.

Otherwise, you're in for a world of hurt that you won't realize until it's too late.

bigdoggg said:
How long is a round?

Are you serious?

I do my one legged jumps on turns: left-right-left-right, not concentrating on only one leg at time <left, left, left, left>

Tiger Balm said:
Are you serious?

I do my one legged jumps on turns: left-right-left-right, not concentrating on only one leg at time <left, left, left, left>
i do the same but i was asking how long your rounds are and how many you do..

bigdoggg said:
How long is a round?
2-3 hours usually. I only do 5 or 6 rounds though... gotta avoid overtraining.

1-5 minutes! You ever seen a fight?! They break them up into things called rounds. Toughman comps have 1 minute rounds, amatuer boxing has 2 minute rounds (I beleive), pro boxing and kickboxing has 3 minute rounds, MMA has 5 minute rounds... train your conditioning the way you intend to fight.

I never really stay on one foot for long, I either alternate r/l or do 5 r 5 l.

When I jump rope, I mix them in sometimes. I do one foot at a time and about 50 per foot (I count these but don't count regular ones, for the reason that I want the same nuymber on both feet). But just to mix it up and get a better workout ont he legs. As far as how my rounds are, I usually do either 45 seconds roa minutes, as fast as I can possibly go. It is a sprinting sort of workout and I go all out for that period. Go 1 minute as fast as I can handle it, rest for a minute, go fast for another minute, sort of like that. I usually stop when I cannot keep jumping with enough coordination any more. I wanted to that crossing the rope thing I see boxers do, because it looks really cool and would prbably help my coordination and footwork, but I ahve not gotten it yet, not even close. Is there any trick to crossing the rope as you are jumping?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back