On regret

Never heard of this before but P90x sounds like a *** tag for a pussy exercise system. What wrong with lifting, running and sparring?

Because when you get old, you may have the potential for aches and pains.

But you may also not have the potential for aches and pains.

You may.

It's a small rock off the west coast of Europe where P90x perhaps does not have the same following.

I learned a long time ago that if someone comes up to me and offers to sell me something along with lines like

1. Get absolutely ripped in 90 days.
2. Revolutionary system.
3. Regular to ripped in just 90 days.
4. Comprehensive 3-phase nutrition plan.
5. Specially designed supplement options.
6. Secret behind the P90X system is ..... Muscle Confusion

Well if you watch, listen or read any type of media you would have seen it.

And I didnt buy into the marketing. I was about to switch gyms and I asked my friend if I could borrow one in the mean time. It kicked my ass and I was hooked. No they didnt reinvent working out but doing hundreds of pullups and pushups is good in my book.

This is why you're hurt, then.

There are people that justify drinking shit loads of red wine because of some HS theory about free radicals. There are people that justify not lifting heavy weights because of injuries they will sustain that will impact them in later life. It

Actually Voodoo there are some recent studies refuting the free radical+antioxidant hypotheses, for example free radicals may be a beneficial component for normal programmed cell death. There is a recent press release I read refuting the alleged benefits of alcohol as well. Additionally, your liver and kidneys will mostly sort out what is in your blood regardless of what you eat.

this_thread_delivers_ups_chick_amazon.jpg

Actually Voodoo there are some recent studies refuting the free radical+antioxidant hypotheses, for example free radicals may be a beneficial component for normal programmed cell death. There is a recent press release I read refuting the alleged benefits of alcohol as well. Additionally, your liver and kidneys will mostly sort out what is in your blood regardless of what you eat.

There may be hypotheses about what free radicals do to your body, but what an antioxidant (one which gets its name from its function in the bloodstream) does to a free radical is physics and physics is an area where it's generally difficult to change my mind. Also, I'd love to read one of these studies or at least a reputable website referring to them - source?

(Not trying to be unfriendly)

Well if you watch, listen or read any type of media you would have seen it.

And I didnt buy into the marketing. I was about to switch gyms and I asked my friend if I could borrow one in the mean time. It kicked my ass and I was hooked. No they didnt reinvent working out but doing hundreds of pullups and pushups is good in my book.

repetitioncontinuum.jpg

Hmm, what is this devilry? Haven't seen that before but it seems to somehow grant basic understanding of repetition work!

I can't remember if it's from Practical Programming or from Starting Strength.

I'm kidding, I've seen it a grillion times. I just think it's kind of fun that OJ up there is so mad at you and doesn't seem to have even garnered the information on that pic which is some pretty basic stuff.

He's pissed off because I've noticed all of the inconsistencies and bullshit that he's spewed off. Here are multiple things that he's said:

-He's 28 years old.
-He's been lifting and doing cardio for the past 10 years.
-Ironically, he said he hasn't been doing cardio for the past 2 years in another post.
-He's maxed out his potential lifting.
-He was one of the strongest guys in high school.
-He then posted something about doing 205 lbs on Bench for a few reps when his previous best was 185 lbs for a few reps.
-He never really focused on squats or deads because they didn't make him "feel stronger while walking around".

Here is what I make of that besides his inconsistencies which show that he's a liar: His training has been complete shit for the last 10 years. His starting point for his 10 years of training would have been at the end of high school. Supposedly he was one of the strongest in high school. His numbers indicate little to no gain over the last 10 years. Furthermore, he's nowhere near close to his "lifting potential". This can all be explained by the dumbshit avoiding Squats and Deadlifts because they didn't make him "feel stronger" (*see also 'because they were too hard').

There is no reason he should have any credibility whatsoever. In fact, he shouldn't even be posting in this forum. He has no S+C goals, and he looks down on people training to have better athletic performance because it's "not necessary". He's just bitter that he was too stupid to figure out how to program for progress over the last 10 years.

Edit: It's also funny to note that he had blamed his injuries on lifts like Deadlifts and Squats, yet he claims to have never got into doing them. Lies catch up with you...

Last edited:
He's pissed off because I've noticed all of the inconsistencies and bullshit that he's spewed off. Here are multiple things that he's said:

-He's 28 years old.
-He's been lifting and doing cardio for the past 10 years.
-Ironically, he said he hasn't been doing cardio for the past 2 years in another post.
-He's maxed out his potential lifting.
-He was one of the strongest guys in high school.
-He then posted something about doing 205 lbs on Bench for a few reps when his previous best was 185 lbs for a few reps.
-He never really focused on squats or deads because they didn't make him "feel stronger while walking around".

Here is what I make of that besides his inconsistencies which show that he's a liar: His training has been complete shit for the last 10 years. His starting point for his 10 years of training would have been at the end of high school. Supposedly he was one of the strongest in high school. His numbers indicate little to no gain over the last 10 years. Furthermore, he's nowhere near close to his "lifting potential". This can all be explained by the dumbshit avoiding Squats and Deadlifts because they didn't make him "feel stronger" (*see also 'because they were too hard').

There is no reason he should have any credibility whatsoever. In fact, he shouldn't even be posting in this forum. He has no S+C goals, and he looks down on people training to have better athletic performance because it's "not necessary". He's just bitter that he was too stupid to figure out how to program for progress over the last 10 years.

Edit: It's also funny to note that he had blamed his injuries on lifts like Deadlifts and Squats, yet he claims to have never got into doing them. Lies catch up with you...

Where exactly are the inconsistencies? I was benching 225x8 in high school. Other than the 300 lbers I was the one of the strongest...especially weighing 185-190.

My best lift was several years later for 275x2.

I did dedicate myself to dl's and squats several times and saw great gains but eventually stopped from knee pain that resulted from football most likely.

If you are gonna be a creepy e-stalker at least be better at it. Be accurate and make sense. Dont worry tho cause Im gonna be starting round 2 of P90x very shortly and i will be starting a log. I hope it will be helpful to those on here that are not familiar with it and want to try some new routines. Thanks for your input tho and have a nice day.

YouMad.jpg
:icon_chee

In all seriousness, I agree with you - he seems to be a douche. I just feel sorry for him because he's so angry, but I'm starting to get annoyed. Being pessimistic and calling it "realism" insults me, because it implies that my endless optimism isn't realistic.

EDIT: OJ got in between, but obviously this post is talking to Oblivian

Maybe all of those pills that you pop are getting to your head.

Where exactly are the inconsistencies? I was benching 225x8 in high school. Other than the 300 lbers I was the one of the strongest...especially weighing 185-190.

Lulz. So you benched 225x8 in high school, yet after 10 years of solid training you were lifting 185 lbs x 10. You must have had great training. See below from a recent thread of yours:

I was doing 185x10 approx. 2 months ago.

today i did 205 x10 with relative ease.

Oh wait - here is where you said your bench WAS 245 lbs and now it's 265 lbs. All of the sudden, you were doing 275 lbs x 2. Sure.

I never claimed to be a powerhouse. My bench was around 245 now its 265. I know everyone on here isnt a monster, Ive seen a shit load of training logs. Guys doing 405dl, 365 squat, bench 225. Ive seen it a million times.

I did dedicate myself to dl's and squats several times and saw great gains but eventually stopped from knee pain that resulted from football most likely.

Ya, it really sounds like you did...

Ive tried but Ive never really felt the necessity to deadlift.

You are full of shit.

Maybe all of those pills that you pop are getting to your head.

Lulz. So you benched 225x8 in high school, yet after 10 years of solid training you were lifting 185 lbs x 10. You must have had great training. See below from a recent thread of yours:

Oh wait - here is where you said your bench WAS 245 lbs and now it's 265 lbs. All of the sudden, you were doing 275 lbs x 2. Sure.

Ya, it really sounds like you did...

You are full of shit.

Hey d-bag. I played football for all four years of highschool. Lifting is mandatory. And yes my senior year I was doing 225x8 on a good day. I also hit my growth spurts early in life and was 6'0, 160 in the 9th grade. Im still 6'0 and weigh about 195.

Lifted hard for next few years and got my personal best 275x2. That was with working my ass off with a spotter....eating right....taking supplements...and being at my prime athletic age.

That was my peak and I had to work hard just to maintain it but yes at the age of 28 I was benching 185x10 and 245 for max. That is until I did p90x and did 205x10 easily...which i hadnt done in a long time.

You could say i hadnt worked as hard as i could of in the last few years and youd be right. But there was a time in my life when I did and the best I could get was 275....not great obviously...average joe numbers. Speaking of which I took a peak at your "team" thread(real cool btw) from april and saw that you were benching 255....but had improved to 275....and made a point to do the math for everyone that you improved 20 lbs.

How old are you btw? Whats your current numbers? Do you believe that your bench will just get better infinitely? Where do you think you'll peak? And when you do wont you just be working your ass off to maintain?

Strength athletes peak in their late 20s to mid 30s. So you're just making excuses, and making shit up.

I have heard that 275 is the maximum achievable bench press for a human...if you're doing it right...

I have heard that 275 is the maximum achievable bench press for a human...if you're doing it right...

Which is why I like lifting in kilograms. It means I can get 2.2 times stronger than those who lift in pounds.

Last edited:
OJ, everyone here will respect you if you admit that you've made some mistakes, made some shit up and start training with a log - you spend more time trying to get people to believe you than you do training, and I have to agree with Oblivian on at least one point here - you don't have any business on a training forum if you don't train.

Back