Omar Khadr to be keynote speaker at Dalhousie University...

List some.

The Boston Tea Party, The Gaspee Incident, The burning of the HMS St John and the HMS Liberty, The burning of Governor Hutchinson's house, The tarring and feathering of tax collectors. Literally having a revolutionary war....

The Boston Tea Party, The Gaspee Incident, The burning of the HMS St John and the HMS Liberty, The burning of Governor Hutchinson's house, The tarring and feathering of tax collectors. Literally having a revolutionary war....

None of that is on the level of what muslims are doing these days.

Throwing tea in the harbor is terrorism to you? You're reaching.

I'm pretty sure burning ships and killing people is to anyone. Notice how you left that part out. It's almost as if context matters and you missed all of it.

I'm pretty sure burning ships and killing people is to anyone. Notice how you left that part out. It's almost as if context matters and you missed all of it.

Pretty rich to say you care about context and then compare the Boston Tea Party to Islamic terrorism.

Pretty rich to say you care about context and then compare the Boston Tea Party to Islamic terrorism.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. Nobody did that. You're the only one in this thread who doesn't get that. Because you don't understand context.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. Nobody did that. You're the only one in this thread who doesn't get that. Because you don't understand context.

Trying to say American revolutionaries fighting to overthrow a tyrannical foreign government is the same as muslim terrorists blowing up markets full of other muslims isn't an apples to apples comparison.

The original statement I took issue with was that the British viewed the American revolutionaries as terrorrsts.

They didn't.

They viewed them as rebels.

There is a massive difference between killing your own countrymen because they practice a slightly different religion than you and fighting to overthrow foreign tyrants.

Trying to say American revolutionaries fighting to overthrow a tyrannical foreign government is the same as muslim terrorists blowing up markets full of other muslims isn't an apples to apples comparison.

The original statement I took issue with was that the British viewed the American revolutionaries as terrorrsts.

They didn't.

They viewed them as rebels.

There is a massive difference between killing your own countrymen because they practice a slightly different religion than you and fighting to overthrow foreign tyrants.

Yes, They absolutely saw them as terrorists. Terrorism neither begins nor ends in the Middle East. That's a concept you're having trouble with.

Yes, They absolutely saw them as terrorists. Terrorism neither begins nor ends in the Middle East. That's a concept you're having trouble with.

They absolutely didn't.

The concept of terrorism didn't come about until the French Revolution.

Google it.

Google it.

Your argument is that the word may not have been being used at the time. You aren't disputing whether or not the act was. Stop and think about that for a minute.

Freedom of speech says he's allowed to say whatever the fuck his shit little mind drums up. Personal freedoms insure nobody has to attend. Or even better, shut his ass down with proper debate and argument.

Your argument is that the word may not have been being used at the time. You aren't disputing whether or not the act was. Stop and think about that for a minute.

No dumbshit.

They would be considered traitors or renegades. The idea that they would be considered 'terrorists' is wrong as that concept didn't exist yet.

Were Vikings terrorists? No. They were raiders. Were anglo saxon civilians terrified of them? Yes.

But they weren't terrorists.

Get it yet?

Is an abacus a computer? Technically yes. But the idea of a computer didn't exist yet.

No dumbshit.

They would be considered traitors or renegades. The idea that they would be considered 'terrorists' is wrong as that concept didn't exist yet.

Were Vikings terrorists? No. They were raiders. Were anglo saxon civilians terrified of them? Yes.

But they weren't terrorists.

Get it yet?

Is an abacus a computer? Technically yes. But the idea of a computer didn't exist yet.

You're arguing semantics because you don't have an actual point.

They really think white people are "under attack". The presence of "white genocide" believers on these boards is really freaky.

I don't know man, the "whitey is out to get me" rhetoric by black people is cringy as fuck in the year 2020.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back