Omar Khadr to be keynote speaker at Dalhousie University...

KeepItRealist

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score

I'm not going to bash Canada, because I could see this happening at plenty of universities in the US too. But you have to wonder why Ann Coulter or Jordan Peterson were hassled by the Canadian government and school administrators about speaking, had events cancelled, but Omar Khadr is acceptable. Also, it's not like glorifying him is new:

2E3D8D4200000578-0-image-m-13_1446995786377.jpg

I'm not going to bash Canada, because I could see this happening at plenty of universities in the US too. But you have to wonder why Ann Coulter or Jordan Peterson were hassled by the Canadian government and school administrators about speaking, had events cancelled, but Omar Khadr is acceptable.

You really don't have to wonder.

The excuse I keep hearing is that he was a "child soldier" and this is the topic. Except he wasn't a child soldier. He was a terrorist. Terrorists are not soldiers. They don't meet the requirements and don't enjoy the legal protections. Something his "fans" simply can't get through their heads.

Your words are blasphemy!!

Strange how we have international movements to help child soldiers in Africa but condem former Islamic child soldiers.

Strange how we have international movements to help child soldiers in Africa but condem former Islamic child soldiers.

Islamic child soldiers is what, a politically correct way to say terrorist?

Should we help school shooters too? Because legally they are as much a child soldier as Khadr was.

The double standards are becoming far too glaring to ignore.. And to be honest, they are even going "the wrong way" in terms of what double standards could benefit society, even if they are inherently wrong. I'm for no double standards, myself, but if we keep up with them they will remain popular when/if the pendulum ever swings. Sad.

It's such a shitty and hopeless feeling when your country's news make you want to throw up.

Whenever you’re ready to flee that shithole, you’re welcome to stay with me a while until you’re used to the freedom filled air.

Maple Syrup Refugees welcome.

Islamic child soldiers is what, a politically correct way to say terrorist?

Should we help school shooters too? Because legally they are as much a child soldier as Khadr was.

I assume you are being obtuse on purpose?

I assume you are being obtuse on purpose?

I'm assuming you are not being ignorant of what a child soldier is on purpose?

Terrorists are not soldiers. This is well-established. It's why the ruling that Khadr's rights were violated was so utterly absurd. Terrorists are not covered by the Geneva Conventions. They don't meet any of the requirements, much less all of them. They have zero rights under international law. Calling him a child soldier is simply false. He was never a soldier of any kind. No more than a school shooter is. Picking up a gun under 18 or 16 or whatever doesn't make you a soldier. Serving in a recognized military does.

Whenever you’re ready to flee that shithole, you’re welcome to stay with me a while until you’re used to the freedom filled air.

Maple Syrup Refugees welcome.
We are right there dude. Only a revolution would stop it, and a mild resistance to the authorities absolute power through media like voting in Trump has caused a full out attack against the minds and reputations of half of America. Don't brag about America's freedom, because it's not really there. We had cops stealing cars if weed or even large amounts of cash (with nothing illegal) were in them. We have the media rolling out fruit-cake PC law as we speak. We have the exact same forces that are impacting Canada and Britain trying to corrode and weaken our society, and quite frankly make white people weak and stupid looking in the media.

Terrorists are not soldiers. This is well-established. It's why the ruling that Khadr's rights were violated was so utterly absurd. Terrorists are not covered by the Geneva Conventions. They don't meet any of the requirements, much less all of them. They have zero rights under international law. Calling him a child soldier is simply false. He was never a soldier of any kind. No more than a school shooter is. Picking up a gun under 18 or 16 or whatever doesn't make you a soldier. Serving in a recognized military does.
African child soldiers aren't really in "militaries" most of the time.

Terrorists are not soldiers. This is well-established. It's why the ruling that Khadr's rights were violated was so utterly absurd. Terrorists are not covered by the Geneva Conventions. They don't meet any of the requirements, much less all of them. They have zero rights under international law. Calling him a child soldier is simply false. He was never a soldier of any kind. No more than a school shooter is. Picking up a gun under 18 or 16 or whatever doesn't make you a soldier. Serving in a military does.

Children who have been kidnapped, brainwashed, forced to fight/kill are not responsible for their actions under international law.

There are losts of examples of this in Africa.

For some reason, this approach is not applied to child solders fighting for Islam.

Children who have been kidnapped, brainwashed, forced to fight/kill are not responsible for their actions under international law.

There are losts of examples of this in Africa.

For some reason, this approach is not applied to child solders fighting for Islam.

That's your opinion, not any international law. I repeat, terrorists have zero rights. You can't violate the rights of someone who has none. Khadr and every prisoner in Gitmo could have been flayed alive and legally it was perfectly fine.

A child soldier is clearly defined. It's not anyone who picks up a gun under 16. The 15-year old who is part of self-proclaimed militia or patriot group in the US is not a child soldier.

Good on them. He was innocent and tortured by US army barbarians who didn't have anything on him.

African child soldiers aren't really in "militaries" most of the time.

And legally they would have no protection. A child soldier is someone who meets the requirements of actually being a soldier. The people who call young members of terror groups in Africa would also apply this to any terrorist under 18. Legally, it doesn't hold water.

Good on them. He was innocent and tortured by US army barbarians who didn't have anything on him.

Unfortunately, he wasn't. Sleep deprivation is the worse thing that he suffered. Which would apply to pretty much any prisoner. Tortured is media sensationalism.

That's your opinion, not any international law. I repeat, terrorists have zero rights. You can't violate the rights of someone who has none. Khadr and every prisoner in Gitmo could have been flayed alive and legally it was perfectly fine.

A child soldier is clearly defined. It's not anyone who picks up a gun under 16. The 15-year old who is part of self-proclaimed militia or patriot group in the US is not a child soldier.

Its not my opinion, its UN resolution 2427

Back