Olympic lifting documentary

Do you know any videos/pics of lighter olympic lifters (65-75kg categories), I'm interested to see their stats and body compositions

Do you know any videos/pics of lighter olympic lifters (65-75kg categories), I'm interested to see their stats and body compositions

406288930_bb0754352a.jpg

Anything below 105+, they are generally pretty jacked.

406288930_bb0754352a.jpg

Anything below 105+, they are generally pretty jacked.
One thing you may find interesting is that the Chinese lifters focus a lot of overhead squatting with a clean grip (MUCH harder than a snatch grip). There's a good chance he'll be overhead squatting that weight.

Tak is turning into a dick, what is the world coming to?

Look at those wings as well! Mufucka can fly!

One thing you may find interesting is that the Chinese lifters focus a lot of overhead squatting with a clean grip (MUCH harder than a snatch grip). There's a good chance he'll be overhead squatting that weight.

They also do them from a deadstop. The guy in the picture supposedly has an ohs of around 220kg or so at 69kg.

Here's are recent vids of the Chinese Olympic Trial:

85 kg weightclass

Snatch http://lifter.sport.org.cn/home/video/2008-04-22/179666.html
C&J http://lifter.sport.org.cn/home/video/2008-04-22/179668.html

I didn't think China could produce top level lifters past 77kg, but near the end of those two vids, you'll see 3 guys all snatching 170+ and C&J 205+. But the stand out guy is the one that does 180 + 213, which is pretty much elite numbers and could very well win the 85 if Rybakou doesn't bring his C&J up. The scary thing is, the 180 snatch and 213 C&J looked freakin easy. I'm thinking that guy's good for at least 183 + 215.

China is serious.

I've always wondered what the hell is on this guy's back. That one thing near his lower spine. It looks like he's got a knife wound or something.

432610249_9dc6598f8f.jpg

It looks like a pen. Maybe he was playing up to the cameras, like "Look I can hold a pen with my lats"

Holy shit! Those guys are freaking huge! And it doesn't look unnatural huge like a bodybuilder. amazing.

You can build yourself up to the volume, I think so many people are scared of the overtraining boogeyman they never push themselves to bring up their work capacity in lifting weights. Obviously, their job is to lift weights and their life is structured around that, and performance enhancing drugs are a reality in any strength sport. But whenever you see a program posted of an elite level strength athlete, everyone instantly says "Oh holy shit look at the volume you can't handle that!" I think there is something to that, and in my short experience with Sheiko programs I've found that I can handle waaaay more volume than I thought before and benching and squatting 3 to 4 times a week and deadlift variations twice isn't a problem.

Obviously, this is only applicable to those who's sport of choice is lifting, and not using strength training as GPP for something else...

I think a lot of people gloss over the fact that that work capacity wasn't built overnight, most of these guys have spent their entire lives working to this point, and really this is true of all sports. I'm sure the first time they picked up a barbell when they were kids/teenagers they weren't putting in massive volume right off the get go.

I noticed a blurred out scene in part 4 at 3:15! Must be a secret-silver-bullet-exercise for Kolecki... If I find out what he does there I'll be just as strong as him.

EDIT: nevermind, you can see it in part 6. Now that's an odd exercise: Hip thrusts backwards with 75kg on the belt.
*loads his belt*

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back