Olympic Booing

They're probably booing because they realized they're at the Olympics.

They're not booing. Boo means Just Bleed in portugese

I consider this an improve from the country that brought you the 'You will die" chant.

i wonder what happened with the olympics. not long ago, it was watched by lots of people, and countries put in a lot of money and effort into the events. nowadays, most don't give a crap.

I think people are booing because they're sick and fucking tired of seeing nothing but swimming and diving. I mean, seriously NBC is fucking this up pretty completely. ; )

As others have said, is anybody really surprised with the Brazilian fans? It's like having the Olympics in Philly and whining about the fans... kind of like going to Compton in a KKK outfit... the results of those actions are pretty much foregone.

Maybe they are just shouting "Boo-urns! Boo-urns!"

Cause 3rd worlders hate everyone else.

The olympics have been pretty bland so far. The only thing I really care about is seeing Jordan Burroughs hopefully win gold again. NBC needs to stop showing Phelps every ten minutes

i wonder what happened with the olympics. not long ago, it was watched by lots of people, and countries put in a lot of money and effort into the events. nowadays, most don't give a crap.

Election year in the US, so people are more worried about politics than some sporting event going on in South America. Also, our media hasn't done a very good job of broadcasting or hyping up the events. Lots of people aren't even aware that the Olympics are currently taking place... especially if you turn on NBC all you will see is swimming.

resize

Io3DHMV.gif

best-olympic-gifs-synchronized-swimming.gif

WTF were they thinking when they decided to do it in a 3rd world country

It's in Brazil...
Funny I've seen more matches with buffoons chanting "USA" than ones with brazilians booing and it's not even in America lmao.

WTF were they thinking when they decided to do it in a 3rd world country

That moment you realize that "3rd world country" is hosting the Olympics in cities with lower murder rates and crime rates than Chicago where the "1st world" US wanted to host...

Last edited:
Funny I've seen more matches with buffoons chanting "USA" than ones with brazilians booing and it's not even in America lmao.

Usually a USA chant irritates me in most contexts. But not in the Olympics. That's what you do? You root for the athletes in your nation. If you look in the crowd all of them are dressed in the color of their flags. But you can celebrate and cheer for your country without booing other countries.

Usually a USA chant irritates me in most contexts. But not in the Olympics. That's what you do? You root for the athletes in your nation. If you look in the crowd all of them are dressed in the color of their flags. But you can celebrate and cheer for your country without booing other countries.
Most of the boos are in response to something though, like people chanting USA. Whenever that happened the other half of the crowd would start booing or at Russian athletes over their whole doping scandal or at Hope Solo for her Zika bashing.

It's not like they're just randomly booing people except for Russians to a certain extent as the whole team of athletes is under fire after the PED reports.

It's hard to follow the events because they don't tell you at what times each events airs and they are spread across like 8 channels. Some events arent even aired in their entirety they just give you some half assed recap for 5 minutes on screen.

Back