Olive Garden

Cool Hand Luke

Shit-Coin Master
Pink
Reaction score
My daughter turned 7 yesterday and she wanted to go to Olive Garden to celebrate.

The last time I was there was roughly 12 years ago and I'm nearly certain then I also said that it was the last time I would ever go there.

24 hours later and I'm repeating bread sticks - I feel bloated and blech.

Anyone here frequent this place?

Never been.

Did you pay for your drinks, or just ask for water and then rush to the drink machine?

and how about leaving a tip?

Only been like twice. Don't really remember much.

Olive Garden is terrible. I was just telling someone the other day, if you want some Olive Garden just pick up a Stouffers lasagna in the frozen section and cut out the middle man.

Haven't been in years. Philly has Italian BYOB's on every corner.

Macaroni Grill > Olive Garden

I've gone there maybe 1-2 times every 6 months.

Their soups and bread-sticks are good, I remember ordering Ravioli - when it came out there was nothing there and it was like 20 bucks.

Last I remember is that you don't get much bang for the buck ...pricey.

I remember when I was young, it seemed as though going there was a big deal.

Now I see it as punishment.

Or at best, a shitty date.

The original Macaroni Grill started here. Now that was when Macaroni's was some tasty Italian.

Now, it's just meh.

I went for the first time in years not too long ago. It's perfectly serviceable food in my opinion, but not the kind of thing I'm going to go and pay those prices for, especially when the atmosphere is bland as well.

And hey, the last thing I am is a food snob. I mean fuck, Applebees is one of my favorite restaurants.

Never been.

Did you pay for your drinks, or just ask for water and then rush to the drink machine?

and how about leaving a tip?

Service was decent, though ironically, I bitched the to waitress that she wasn't bringing the first batch of bread sticks quick enough.

Guess who got the last laugh.

That's not really saying much at all, Macaroni Grill is awful. I actually remember that place. They're so terrible they lost their entire franchise in St. Louis.

nah. nonlegit italian food is not legit

every 2 years I'll give it a go, and lets just say that's a good choice

olive garden is alright for generic italian food. It's always packed where I live but I tend to enjoy going to a local italian joint over Olive garden.

Casa de amici's or giavonni's are the better local joints in my area.

It's like any franchise establishment, they make better quality food then places that don't specialize but the food is subpar when compared to places that specialize in it.

I've been 3 or 4 times my whole life. I enjoyed the food, but I'm not like most sherdoggers who eat at 5 star restaurants on the regular.

If I'm really craving some good Italian food I go to a some local joints.

The only reason I went there was because I had like $100 in gift cards. Took a girl there, had a terrible time and spent like $70 or so and just left the rest of the balance to the waitress for tip. It's probably the worst "Italian" restaurant I've been to but I spent 2 weeks in Italy...so...

That's not really saying much at all, Macaroni Grill is awful. I actually remember that place. They're so terrible they lost their entire franchise in St. Louis.

I haven't been to one of those in 5 years either. Remember it being decent for a franchise.

my wife likes the grool they serve in that dressed up dump. bro I seriously hate HATE going there.

Its meh. Not as bad as everyone makes it out to be but nothing special. I know the cooks there work hard though especially with the weird promotions they do

Its meh. Not as bad as everyone makes it out to be but nothing special. I know the cooks there work hard though especially with the weird promotions they do

I agree it's not as bad as every one is making it out to be. But then again this is sherdog, where most only eat 5 star dishes prepped by their personal chef.

Back