Ok Gents What Weight Class would U Cut then?

Nate Diaz is the only fight I would take at LW right now...

I would throw a leg kick and run... repeatedly... It would be my best shot...

Your screen name made that funnier than it should have been

Yeah because injuries never happen. Ok, they may have too many but cutting it to 20 each class is stupid

The (5) I mention (over the top 20) were per weightclass. I should have been clearer.

I actually intended for 25 fighters per weightclass to be the point I was trying to make.

Sorry, should have been a bit clearer.

Out of curiosity, what are the fighters outside of the top 25 in any weightclass currently employed by the UFC would be a devastating loss to the majority of even us hardcore fans (I assume posting on Sherdog qualifies us for that honor)?

Cut Heavy Weight and introduce an "Open" weight class. Then bring in the freaks.

I you don't want to sell sloppy gasfests, you'd have to hire this men:
ferrarii.jpg

not a single heavyweight or shw would gas, we'd get sloppy brawls with non stop action

I you don't want to sell sloppy gasfests, you'd have to hire this men:

not a single heavyweight or shw would gas, we'd get sloppy brawls with non stop action

I don't even care about sloppy gasfests when you have 300 pound gorillas running around.

Restructure more than just cut. Open (or 285), 215, 190, 170, 155, 140, 130

At the very least, fw-fly needs to be merges to 2 classes, not 3

If fighters are constantly moving between them, there's too many. I'd also be in support of giving guys a year of catch weight fights, that way they're not massively undersized or cutting dangerous amounts of water in their first appearance at the new weight class, and don't have to sit out a year and can still make money

People on Sherdog REALLY don't understand how big lightweights are. The average out of shape man at the bodyfat level of a pro MMA fighter would probably cut to 145 or 135.
Lol that is the truth brother, every bar in America is packed with guys who think if they stepped foot in the octagon they would be fighting at 205 no questions about it lmao until they step into a gym and see what a 205'er looks like up close and personal. The average man is fighting at 145 or maybe if they are athletic 155. 155 is the weight ive done every exhibition/smoker match ive ever had and im only 5'9 and usually im one of the most muscular/ athletic guys at a party. but I shit you not every party I go to there is a guy with 60% body fat who is a little over six feet swearing on his life he could smash jon jones. :rolleyes:

Everything is fine where its at. No need of scrapping divisions or adding more

Back