Ok Gents What Weight Class would U Cut then?

everything below 155 for the men. I would give women their own night of fights.

I wouldn't cut any. I would add a 225 lb weight class (Cruiserweight) and bump the HW limit up to 285

It would need to be 230. 205-225 is negligible, and makes no sense proportionately within the weight class structure as it is.

I would cut half of the welterweight division. There are so many faceless dudes at that weight (mostly Brazilian) who don't belong in the UFC.

Agreed, there are OVER 100 fighters on the UFC roster in the LW and WW division.

Most definitely at lease 50 lower ranks fighters MUST be Fing cut for the UFC to be taken seriously.

G.D. Fing right. 100 WW UFC fighters ( including 80 Mother F'ing no name fighters) and we all know that Ben Askren is not close to the top 100 WW's and has NO PLACE in the UFC.

Hysterical!:cool:

Come on Dana, we need a 105 & 115 pound men's division with 100+ UFC roster spots each so that we can average seeing a fighter frequency of once every other year or so.

Really what you "cracked" on is the RIGHT THING TO DO.

Five WC's before the UFC expansions in the past four years. LW, WW, MW, LHW & HW. We had the number of PPV slots to have good cards back then.

There simply are NOT ENOUGH possible fight slots in a single year for the UFC, (or any other single MMA organization) to employ over 700 fighters and deliver anything that can be misconstrued as fight frequency.

I do not understand the extreme retardation of simple math that prevails on Sherdog.

Can SOMEONE please explain how a single MMA organization has over even 500 fighters and provide each fighter with two fights per year?

Flyweight's gotta go, sorry man but 125 is just silly.

I'd restructure them to be Honest. 140, 155, 175, 190, 215, Openweight.

I said a similar thing the last couple of years. I would get rid of Flyweight, merge BW and FW and create a 140 pound division.

My weight classes would be:

140, 155, 170, 185, 205, and 265 . Keep the two women weight classes, and i am good to go. Flyweight definitely needs to be abolished. Nothing against them, i have met both Mighty Mouse and Benavidez. They are great guys, but whenever 125 Pounders come on my TV, i just change the channel. They just do not appeal to me. Maybe because i am a foot taller than both of them.

I would cut half of the welterweight division. There are so many faceless dudes at that weight (mostly Brazilian) who don't belong in the UFC.

I agree, most of them are just there to fill up brazil cards. <-absolute fact!

why do u guys dislike flyweights? The division has a high finishing rate and lots of exciting fights! Any weight class under flyweight would be silly though

Flyweight if I had to pick, shallow and not as violent as heavyweights

People on Sherdog REALLY don't understand how big lightweights are. The average out of shape man at the bodyfat level of a pro MMA fighter would probably cut to 145 or 135.

Men 125. With the size of the cage and the size of 125ers it just does not translate well to tv imo. They look like little people even though I know they aren't. Most of the fights just play terribly on television.

Just telling it like it is.

why do u guys dislike flyweights? The division has a high finishing rate and lots of exciting fights! Any weight class under flyweight would be silly though

I despise the idea of the UFC employing more than 5 non top 20 ranked fighters IN ANY DIVISION.

If an organization is too greedy and needs 100 fighters in a single weightclass, than said organization should have only 2 or 3 weightclass maximum.

If you want 10 (current UFC) weightclasses, reduce all UFC fighters on the roster to 25 maximum. We can average more than one fight per year per fighters if they did that.

Women's division and FLW. I have zero interest in these weight classes even though I have tried to give them a chance. Women fighting is just odd and midgets fighting isn't entertaining.

I'd cut LHW, have the MW limit go to 190 and bump up WW to 175.

Most the bigger 205er's would be just fine at HW.

I'm right now at 170 pounds, with low bodyfat...

I'm a little taller than Pettis, so I think I could bulk to like 176-8 and cut to 155 division...

But for real, even if I train like 2 years, I would still get my ass kicked by guys like benavidez or dodson...

Read the post, not just the title.

I despise the idea of the UFC employing more than 5 non top 20 ranked fighters IN ANY DIVISION.

If an organization is too greedy and needs 100 fighters in a single weightclass, than said organization should have only 2 or 3 weightclass maximum.

If you want 10 (current UFC) weightclasses, reduce all UFC fighters on the roster to 25 maximum. We can average more than one fight per year per fighters if they did that.

Yeah because injuries never happen. Ok, they may have too many but cutting it to 20 each class is stupid

Cut Heavy Weight and introduce an "Open" weight class. Then bring in the freaks.

Mens: Lose flyweight and bantamweight.
Womens: No change - just avoid adding new weight classes.

Back