Ok Gents What Weight Class would U Cut then?

Hate to say it as it does have some entertaining fights but probably flyweight.

I wouldn't cut any of them. Maybe I would restructure them based off of percentages. The way they're set up now is pretty arbitrary (5-10 pound increments).

Flyweight only if Mighty Mouse destroys Dodson in a rematch. He would have the division completely cleared.

Heavyweight if Cain still doesn't fight and the division doesn't get new blood.

None, a couple of weight classes are a little stale now but all have talent and put on exciting match-ups.

I would cut half of the welterweight division. There are so many faceless dudes at that weight (mostly Brazilian) who don't belong in the UFC.

I'm right now at 170 pounds, with low bodyfat...

I'm a little taller than Pettis, so I think I could bulk to like 176-8 and cut to 155 division...

But for real, even if I train like 2 years, I would still get my ass kicked by guys like benavidez or dodson...

No one was asking that. Even so, if you are anything but a newb gaining 8 pounds of muscle will be more than a little difficult. Big difference between 5'11 170 ripped and 5'11, 176/8 ripped.

I wouldn't remove any weight classes, but I would restructure them as follows:

Heavyweight - no cap
LHW - 190
MW - 175
WW - 155
LW - 145
FW - 135
BW - 125

The reason for this is that we wouldn't get Light Heavyweight fighters who look like they could easily be competing at HW. In boxing historically many of the great heavyweight fighters did not use to be any heavier than 200-220lbs, and this was the case with MMA as well before weight cutting became so proeminent(Cro Cop was like 215 when he was wrecking shop in Pride).

While I love the lighter weight classes, have nothing against Mighty Mouse, or have anything against watching Flyweights fight... the Flyweight division is just too shallow and I've lost all interest. When MM KO'd Benavidez, that pretty much put a stamp on who the best 125er was, and although a Dodson rematch might catch my interest, Flyweight has already gone stale.

I'm right now at 170 pounds, with low bodyfat...

I'm a little taller than Pettis, so I think I could bulk to like 176-8 and cut to 155 division...

But for real, even if I train like 2 years, I would still get my ass kicked by guys like benavidez or dodson...
And to think, people pegged you as a future champion.

While I love the lighter weight classes, have nothing against Mighty Mouse, or have anything against watching Flyweights fight... the Flyweight division is just too shallow and I've lost all interest. When MM KO'd Benavidez, that pretty much put a stamp on who the best 125er was, and although a Dodson rematch might catch my interest, Flyweight has already gone stale.
Not if Cejudo drops. He's a legit threat to DJ.

Flyweight's gotta go, sorry man but 125 is just silly.

I'd restructure them to be Honest. 140, 155, 175, 190, 215, Openweight.

I love how your weight goes up a disproportionate amount, then returns to the margin of difference between smaller classes. Brilliant job, man.

I wouldn't remove any weight classes, but I would restructure them as follows:

Heavyweight - no cap
LHW - 190
MW - 175
WW - 155
LW - 145
FW - 135
BW - 125

The reason for this is that we wouldn't get Light Heavyweight fighters who look like they could easily be competing at HW. In boxing historically many of the great heavyweight fighters did not use to be any heavier than 200-220lbs, and this was the case with MMA as well before weight cutting became so proeminent(Cro Cop was like 215 when he was wrecking shop in Pride).

What is the deal with you people who think WW and MW should be separated by 20 lbs., but MW and LHW ought to be separated by only 15?

Your inability to comprehend simple numbers and relativity undermines any point you think you're making.

I would add weight class between LW and WW. Seems like a lot of guys are floating around these two classes going up and down.

Make 162 division, kinda in the middle of 155 and 170. A lot of people would fall into in and make another exciting division with a lot of chances for super fighters between these champs.

For example Pettis could easily be 3 division champ (145,155,162). In this state Lawler or Hendricks are just too big for any LW champ.

Back